Windows 10: Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.

Discus and support Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a local network and several NAS drives and computer drives on the local network that are setup as mapped drives. Recently our internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredFish, Mar 27, 2019.

1. FredFish Win User

Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.

I have a local network and several NAS drives and computer drives on the local network that are setup as mapped drives. Recently our internet connection went down for a couple of days and we were unable to access any of the mapped drives on the LOCAL network once a user signed off, booted a computer or rebooted the computer. The Network folder showed the NAS drives and we could access the NAS devices web setup pages but not the actual data on the drives.

Why is this happening???

:)

FredFish, Mar 27, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down. [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Unable to Map a Network Drive in Windows 10

Hi

• When did the issue start? -- We have updated OS from 7 to 10.
    • Are you having an issue mapping a network drive, accessing the network drive, or both? -- Both
    • Are your computers or drives connected to a domain? -- Yes

New Tech Learner, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.

Unable to Map a Network Drive in Windows 10

Hi,

To better understand the concern, kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having an issue mapping a network drive, accessing the network drive, or both?
    • Are your computers or drives connected to a domain?
    We'll be waiting to your response.

Argel Obm, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down. - Similar Threads - Unable access mapped

2. Unable to map network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to map network drive: I was recently having troubles with sshfs-win. Explorer just sometimes begins to hang, without any change to anything.I then ran the command `net use Y: /delete`. It removed the sshfs mapped drive. Now I cannot re-map the drive.How can I use the drive letter Y: again?The...
  3. Mapping a network drive using a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive using a local network: Hi. I would like to map my network drive to my desktop from my laptop. I am using a wireless extender how can I map my network drive using my local network?...
  4. how to map a network drive over the internet

how to map a network drive over the internet: would appreciate if someone could point me to a how-to on the subject field. we already have a vpn set up - but I'm not sure what parameters I need to tweak to get the mapping to work - I think DDNS is involved...? our office network is very simple: modem to switch to NAS...
  5. unable to map on RDS to local drive

unable to map on RDS to local drive: Need mapping to the local drive for RDS services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-map-on-rds-to-local-drive/1f11d3f7-e83e-455b-b799-2a10b66f3061"
  6. Unable To Map Network Drive

Unable To Map Network Drive: I have two Windows 10 machines named Studio and Digital on an Ethernet network. I had Windows reinstalled on the Digital machine. From the Digital machine I can map a network drive on the Studio machine. From the Studio machine I am unable to map to the hard drive on the...
  7. Unable Map Network drive

Unable Map Network drive: I have two computers running windows 10. One system can map a drive to my Netgear device while the other fails with the message "System Error 64 has occurred. The network path was not found." I have tried various solutions on the WEB without success. Is there a local...
  8. Unable to map a network drive

Unable to map a network drive: My computer has happily been displaying my NAS drive up until today. I can see the device properties yet when i try to map it i am tol cannot map as its mapped with another credential or login. I checked the Reg Edit as per other forum suggestions and it isnt mapped I...
  9. Unable to Map network drives

Unable to Map network drives: Good afternoon I am running a laptop with dual- booted Win10 (1709) systems. Both Win10 installs have been carried out in the last 3 days because Win10 (1703) would/could not update to 1709. Both systems have the same basic set of applications and security software. I...
  10. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: Well, not exactly. I have NAS drives and mapped them just like I did on my Windows 7 laptop. It all works fine and the NAS drives show up just fine in network link too. Everything is Ethernet connected. But I see anomalies. If I reboot my machine, or even turn it off and...