Windows 10: Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account

Discus and support Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm editing this post to reflect the current state of the issue. I bought some new PCs from Dell which had Windows 10 and Office preinstalled on... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Christopher Reeves, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account

I'm editing this post to reflect the current state of the issue.

I bought some new PCs from Dell which had Windows 10 and Office preinstalled on them - kind of SOP at our company. The pre-installed Office apps are Microsoft Store apps. They're accessible using a local admin account. But once you log in with a domain account, the Store is missing and so are the associated apps.

There is neither a group nor local policy set to block the store.

I ran a Powershell command to re-install the Microsoft Store, which did work. I can access the store now on this account. However, I cannot launch any Microsoft Office apps. I can manually navigate to the file location under C:\program files\windowsapps\, but when I attempt to launch any of the applications, I receive "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

I logged in as different domain users on this PC (I should have done this before running the Powershell command I mentioned before), and those accounts are able to launch Microsoft Office. So it's only affecting one account. I deleted the local copy of the roaming profile, but that did not help.

***Original title: One domain account is unable to launch Microsoft Store apps - You may not have the appropriate permissions***

:)

Christopher Reeves, Feb 16, 2019
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 16, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account

1. Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account - Similar Threads - Unable access Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store and Microsoft Store Apps are accessible on User Accounts, but not...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Microsoft Store Apps are accessible on User Accounts, but not...: Hi, I am having trouble with accessing apps I have downloaded from Microsoft on my admin account.First of all, the Microsoft Store app is not listed in apps and features on the admin account and does not appear if you search for it. However, it is available to the other users...
  3. Administrator Account Replication Through Domain Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Replication Through Domain Accounts: Hi, all.I have recently encountered an issue with Windows 10 Enterprise. It may be hard to explain, so I'll give it my best shot.When putting a computer into my domain, I'm seeing that the domain accounts do not replicate information or data that was put into the...
  4. User Account Access For Specific Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Access For Specific Apps: Every time I boot up my pc, UAC asks if steelseriesapp has permission to make changes to my computer and every time I press yes. Is there a way to always allow this app to make changes instead of getting this pop up after every boot. I know there is the option to turn of UAC...
  5. Unable to install Applications on Microsoft Store

Unable to install Applications on Microsoft Store: I can't seem to install any application on my pc using the microsoft store, and I keep getting the same message, saying "Something went wrong, please try again later. 0x80070426" I've tried this on all kinds of applications and none of them have worked yet. I tried tons of...
  6. Unable to install the store app for domain users 0x801901F6

Unable to install the store app for domain users 0x801901F6: Domain users are unable to install the MS Store app getting error as below. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-the-store-app-for-domain-users/cfe8debc-5a93-4e9e-b82a-149b044eb864
  7. How to create active directory domain user account with a specific SID ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create active directory domain user account with a specific SID ?: Hi all, I have deleted an active directory user account on my domain controller server. Can I recreate this user account with the old SID of this user account ? Because I need to use this user account to log into user's computer profile again to get some data on it. After...
  8. Unable to access specific sites through multiple browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access specific sites through multiple browsers: Within the last few weeks I have been unable to access specific websites. Examples are gmail.com and wikipedia.org. Have tried using edge, chrome and firefox with same result. Receive the "Awe Snap" response on chrome and similar page crashes on edge and firefox. It...
  9. Unable To Add Microsoft Account To Computer On Domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Add Microsoft Account To Computer On Domain: Trying to associate my Microsoft account to my home computer that is joined to my home domain using Server 2019 essentials. I go to Settings -> Accounts -> E-Mail & Accounts Then click on "Add a Microsoft Account" I'm able to enter my e-mail address, and password in the...
  10. Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store

Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store: Hi All, I am new to Microsoft Store and want to get some answers to see if it can be used for my purpose. I have an application which I have created used Ms Access, I have packaged it in MSI and EXE file formats with all the registry keys etc. I am also able to package...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to access Microsoft Store account