Windows 10: Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile...

Discus and support Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; 1. I created a guest account without Microsoft account details named "aanchal" . When i restarted my PC and entered the password for this account, the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Eshan Dev, May 9, 2023.

1. Eshan Dev Win User

Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile...

1. I created a guest account without Microsoft account details named "aanchal" . When i restarted my PC and entered the password for this account, the output was - 'user profile service failed the sign in"2. After this, my admin account which is usually shown on the bottom left, vanished and i was not able to switch the user to enter the original password3. Now everytime i open my laptop, because my facial recognition is on, the laptop reads my face and does the usual unlock reading "welcome back Eshan Dev!" But yet i can't enter the desktop, and it shows the guest user againasking for

:)

Eshan Dev, May 9, 2023
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 9, 2023
  3. Is there a way to delete the administrator profile without the password on Windows 10?

Hello Kolby,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

An administrator account is a user account that lets you make changes that will affect other users. Administrators can change security settings, install software and hardware, and access all files on the computer. Administrators can also make changes
    to other user accounts.

You will be able to delete another user account only if you are the administrator with complete user rights on the PC. If you are using a local or administrator with limited user rights account, you will not be able to delete the account unless you
    know the administrator password of the actual administrative user profile.

Since you do not know the password of the Administrator user profile, you will not be able to make any major system changes on the PC.

Step 1: If you get to know the administrator password, I suggest you to convert the user profile to administrator profile
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Control panel and click on the top most search result.

• Select User Accounts or Change account type
      from the window and click on your user account name.

• Select Administrator and click on
      Change account type.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to delete the user profile:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Enter the administrator password when prompted and click OK
    • Enter net user and press Enter. You will now see all user account in the system.
    • Then type net user accname /del and press Enter. For example: If you want to delete the user account named
      computer, then the command line net user computer /del.
    • Reboot the PC and check if the changes are effective

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 9, 2023
  4. Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile...

Forgot admin password

Hi,

Thank you for posing your response.

As you are in a state were your account is completely inaccessible, I suggest that you try to access in build admin account and check if you are able to access the desktop.

To access the in built administrator account follow the steps below

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• As you are stuck min Safe Mode, in the sign-in
      screen, press and hold shift key and click on the
      power icon.
      Here click on Restart and then Restart now.
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: From Built-in Administrator account give Administrator rights to your user account:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on your user account.
    • Click on reset the password.
    • Restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

Note: Once done exist the build in admin account by typing the command
    net user administrator /active:no

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 9, 2023
Thema:

Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile...

1. Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile... - Similar Threads - Unable access administrator

2. Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile...: 1. I created a guest account without Microsoft account details named "aanchal" . When i restarted my PC and entered the password for this account, the output was - 'user profile service failed the sign in"2. After this, my admin account which is usually shown on the bottom...
  3. Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access my administrator account i know the password, but the admin user profile...: 1. I created a guest account without Microsoft account details named "aanchal" . When i restarted my PC and entered the password for this account, the output was - 'user profile service failed the sign in"2. After this, my admin account which is usually shown on the bottom...
  4. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access administrative profile.: Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program...
  5. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access administrative profile.: Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program...
  6. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i dont know my admin user name or password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i dont know my admin user name or password: how dom i find my admin user name or password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-my-admin-user-name-or-password/d8a31495-66f5-4588-89fe-f2869c3ce6f1
  8. Unable to "Run As Administrator" on an Admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to "Run As Administrator" on an Admin account.: Hi everyone, Unable to "Run As Administrator" on anAdmin account. Is this a feature that is disabled with the Windows Insider preview releases? If so, is there a tweak like a registry key that will reenable this please? I'm not really wanting to go back to theslow...
  9. Unable to access admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access admin account: In 2016 we purchased a laptop for our daughter and she set up the admin account and the backup account. She doesn't remember the PW to the admin acct, the back up account was deleted by me for parental reasons and every single attempt I've tried to regain access to my OWN...
  10. Admin access to users accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin access to users accounts: Now that I've upgrade our main machine from xp64 to Win10, I am not trying to restore everyone profile stuff. However, even as admin I can't seem to access anyone's profile but mine. How can i access their profiles so I can load all their stuff back into them? It would...