Windows 10: Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

Discus and support Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2Win 10 Pro machines and 2 WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives all connected by Ethernet cables, I can access the drives, but as soon as I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob Waller, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

Hi, I have 2Win 10 Pro machines and 2 WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives all connected by Ethernet cables, I can access the drives, but as soon as I try to copy files to/from the drives the connection keeps dropping out, the drives are not mapped I am using Network Addressing e.g. 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is static in the routers table.

:)

Bob Waller, Aug 20, 2020
  2. akbaree Win User

Unable to access NAS drives

Hi,

I recent reset my Surface Book 2 15" as Cortana was not working on it. After the reset the Cortana has started working okay but I am not unable to access my NAS drives (QNAP NAS). I was working with Lightroom before the reset all well for last couple of
    weeks.

I have tried everything, resetting again, have poured over threads telling me to do things that have not worked in my case. Enabling/Disabling Network Discovery, Enabling Disbaling SMB 1/SMB Direct, actually have reset the SB2 again and still it is not working
    anymore. I have other two laptops (a Thinkpad and a Dell) and they both work (read are able to access NAS drives) well.

Any help will be appreciated. Because not able to access my NAS drives have brought my work to a standstill.

Anant

Moved from: Surface / Surface Book 2 / Wi-Fi and Internet

akbaree, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to access by NAS drive after a Microsoft Update.

However, for concern/queries related to NAS drive, let me help to point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums
    where you will find professionals with expertise on NAS drive for Windows 10 and that would be the appropriate forum.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

1. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update - Similar Threads - Unable access NAS

2. can't access any NAS drives after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't access any NAS drives after windows update: I get the message "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." I can access the drives fine from my macmini, macbook pro, raspbery pis, my samsung s8 and my old laptop not updated for a while But not from my main PC...
  3. Fixing Missing NAS Drives After Win 10 v2004 Update

Fixing Missing NAS Drives After Win 10 v2004 Update: In case other people have this problem, I'm posting the solution that worked for me. After the most recent Windows update this week, I noticed mapped drives to a Synology NAS could not be connected or remapped. Other Windows PCs in the household that had not been updated...
  4. Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update

Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update: Ever since the latest Microsoft update push I have been unable to access my network attached storage devices. These were all active prior to the push and they can be accessed via other PCs on the same home workgroup. I have noticed that I CAN access the NAS drives...
  5. Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder

Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder: Hi, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to Build 19041. Using NAS EX4100. I added my user "mazhar" in NAS, it is associated with folder "mazhar". User mazhar has full read\write access to folder mazhar. Now after windows upgrade i am able to access Public folder without any...
  6. Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates

Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates: Microsoft has desabled the protocolo SMB1 for my Buffalo LS220D, and I don´t know how to enable protocol SMB2 needed to work with that LS ***Original title: No connection to my Buffalo LS220D after last Windods 10 Update***...
  7. Unable to map NAS drive

Unable to map NAS drive: I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties. The NAS drive is...
  8. unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update: unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/unable-to-see-or-access-nas-after-windows-10/1e915666-30bf-49d9-a7eb-b54643245955
  9. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  10. Failure accessing NAS drive

Failure accessing NAS drive: Hello! I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer and I can ping it fine and I can even access it via FTP but if I try to access it I get the following dialog box. [img]...