Windows 10: Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909

Discus and support Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am unable to access our work Network drive with my new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Version 1909. My colleague had the same issue when he updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alwyn Ally, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909

I am unable to access our work Network drive with my new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Version 1909. My colleague had the same issue when he updated his Windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909. Please could you provide assistance or a work around to be able to access the Network drive.

:)

Alwyn Ally, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909

1. Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909 - Similar Threads - Unable access Network

2. Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909: Have not been able to upgrade Windows 10 since 1909. Currently failing repeatedly on 21H1 with error 0xc1900101. I have also repeatedly done all MS recommended fixes EXCEPT uninstalling numerous drivers and reinstalling them. There are NO driver conflicts in my device...
  3. Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909: Have not been able to upgrade Windows 10 since 1909. Currently failing repeatedly on 21H1 with error 0xc1900101. I have also repeatedly done all MS recommended fixes EXCEPT uninstalling numerous drivers and reinstalling them. There are NO driver conflicts in my device...
  4. Unable to upgrade Window 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. network connectivity issues in window 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connectivity issues in window 10 version 1909: i recently updated the wireless lan driver in hp support assistant but after installing i am facing network issues in laptop HP Laptop 15-da0xxx please reply me about the resolution or is issue in network i connected...
  6. Network Computers are Not accessible in Windows 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Computers are Not accessible in Windows 10 Version 1909: I have 3 computer in the network All computer are running Windows10 version 1909 1 desktop and 2 portable all 3 computer are in Private network, with sharing on, without password all 3 computer have share on one or many folder to Everyone desktop and first portable see...
  7. unable to update to Windows 10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update to Windows 10 Version 1909: I tried to update my PC to 1909 from 1903, but the installation failed. I looked up the error code and i fixed what it said the error was. Now i can't try and update it to 1909 again but it says im up to date but i'm only on 1903. The option to update to 1909 again is gone,...
  8. Unable to access a network drive

Unable to access a network drive: I have a mapped network drive that I can see but cannot access. The message from " Windows Security" Enter network credentials to :HD name My Computer name Password I have entered my password from my computer. I have tried my network password neither works. I states...
  9. Unable to access Network drive

Unable to access Network drive: My laptop cannot open this external hard drive, it always used to. Troubleshooting hasn't helped and a chat didn't resolve anything either. The laptop sees the hard drive on the network but says it cannot open it. Any ideas? ***Title modified from: dlink 26BCD6***...
  10. Unable to access network drive in Explorer

Unable to access network drive in Explorer: I have a NAS (WD MyBookLive) which cannot be accessed in Windows Explorer on my brand new Surface by IP address (or name- though that doesn't work on any of my devices for some reason). I can access the config page in my browser by IP, and two other Win10 devices on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to ecess a nas drive eith windows 10 ver 1909

2. access denied drive d after upgrading to windows 10 version1909