Windows 10: Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004

Discus and support Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Shares were accessible before the upgrade but now seeing this error... "You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndyD77, May 29, 2020.

1. AndyD77 Win User

Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004

Shares were accessible before the upgrade but now seeing this error...

"You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated access"

And it is a setting I have enabled...

Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004 d71bc6bd-f0b1-4b15-9997-b805bead7ed6?upload=true.jpg

:)

AndyD77, May 29, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, May 29, 2020
  4. Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004

Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004

1. Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004 - Similar Threads - Unable access network

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  4. Unable to access shared devices on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access shared devices on network.: Hi, I'm setting up a small home network of three PCs C4-1, C4-2 and C4-3 that must be able to talk to each other and have their file system be accessed from another device. These PCs are all connected to the same router via ethernet cables and have been configured following...
  5. Unable to access shared devices on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access shared devices on network.: Hi, I'm setting up a small home network of three PCs C4-1, C4-2 and C4-3 that must be able to talk to each other and have their file system be accessed from another device. These PCs are all connected to the same router via ethernet cables and have been configured following...
  6. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to access network and sharing center: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2251Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0how to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-network-and-sharing-center/235f8ac7-fe87-4727-ad43-bbaa4cd7e684
  7. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to access network and sharing center: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2251Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0how to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-network-and-sharing-center/235f8ac7-fe87-4727-ad43-bbaa4cd7e684
  8. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update: Hi everybody, Since yesterday i have already 6 computers of our company Windows 10 Pro, witch upgraded automatically to 2004. And since this upgrade they are unable to connect to any network share via SMB. These shares are not only on our Domain controller, but also on...
  10. Unable to access network shares after upgrading to Build 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access network shares after upgrading to Build 1909: Hi, I am having issues ever since upgrading my Windows 10 Enterprise build from 1803 to 1909. I cannot connect to any network shares. This is happening with any machine that I have upgraded so far. When reverting back to 1803 I can access all those network shares again....