Windows 10: Unable to access new Gmail account using Windows Live Mail/Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to access new Gmail account using Windows Live Mail/Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have just set up an additional gmail account within Windows Live Mail 2012 and Windows 10 pro. I have checked all the settings and they are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Willum08, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Willum08 Win User

Unable to access new Gmail account using Windows Live Mail/Windows 10

Hi,
    I have just set up an additional gmail account within Windows Live Mail 2012 and Windows 10 pro. I have checked all the settings and they are correct and identical to my original gmail account, which I've been using for a long time without any problems.My original gmail account is working fine but when I try to access my new gmail account, I am totally unable to do so.The error message I receive is as follows : "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your username and password are correct."I accessed my new account on Google's website and noted a comment in my new account page which stated :"Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account from a non-Google app. Google blocked them, but you should check what happened. Review your account activity to make sure no one else has access."I confirmed that it was me who attempted to log in but further attempts to log in still failed....

Looking further on my new account page I found the following :"Less secure app blocked...Google blocked the app you were trying to use because it doesn't meet our security standards.Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks. Google will automatically turn this setting OFF if it's not being used."

The strange thing is that my original gmail account is fully accessible using the same computer and Windows Live Mail and the same email settings !! I know that my login details (name and password) and email account settings are correct - I double checked them - so why I am being denied access to my new account, is beyond me...
    Just out of interest, I set up my new gmail account on my Samsung Mobile phone and my Tablet and both these devices can access and send and receive emails using my new gmail account.

So, it would seem that the problem lies with Windows 10 / Windows Live Mail ?
    I would really appreciate any suggestions as to why this strange situation is occurring and a possible solution.

OS is Windows 10 version 1909

Thank You.

:)

Willum08, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Willum08 Win User

Hi,
    I have just set up an additional gmail account within Windows Live Mail 2012 and Windows 10 pro. I have checked all the settings and they are correct and identical to my original gmail account, which I've been using for a long time without any problems.My original gmail account is working fine but when I try to access my new gmail account, I am totally unable to do so.The error message I receive is as follows : "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your username and password are correct."I accessed my new account on Google's website and noted a comment in my new account page which stated :"Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account from a non-Google app. Google blocked them, but you should check what happened. Review your account activity to make sure no one else has access."I confirmed that it was me who attempted to log in but further attempts to log in still failed....

Looking further on my new account page I found the following :"Less secure app blocked...Google blocked the app you were trying to use because it doesn't meet our security standards.Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks. Google will automatically turn this setting OFF if it's not being used."

The strange thing is that my original gmail account is fully accessible using the same computer and Windows Live Mail and the same email settings !! I know that my login details (name and password) and email account settings are correct - I double checked them - so why I am being denied access to my new account, is beyond me...
    Just out of interest, I set up my new gmail account on my Samsung Mobile phone and my Tablet and both these devices can access and send and receive emails using my new gmail account.

So, it would seem that the problem lies with Windows 10 / Windows Live Mail ?
    I would really appreciate any suggestions as to why this strange situation is occurring and a possible solution.

OS is Windows 10 version 1909

Thank You.

Willum08, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Dilbert Win User
    Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Unable to access new Gmail account using Windows Live Mail/Windows 10

unable to receive gmail in windows live mail

Works just fine if you get it all set up correctly.

Outgoing port 587

Incoming port 995

Check both server requires authentication

You need to log into your Gmail account and set it up for POP

1. Click the gear
    2. Choose Settings
    3. Click Forwarding
    4. Enable POP

You also need to turn off 2 step verification

Turn off 2-Step Verification - Computer - Google Account Help

There are sometimes delays of 10 minutes or more before settings take effect.

Good link: Add Your Gmail Account to Windows Live Mail

Canadian Tech, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to access new Gmail account using Windows Live Mail/Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable access Gmail

2. live mail setup for gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail setup for gmail accounts: i followed the setup for windows live mail setup for my new gmail account ...... but when done it fails getting my gmail folders because the server is rejecting my login ,,, any ideas?...
  3. live mail setup for gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail setup for gmail accounts: i followed the setup for windows live mail setup for my new gmail account ...... but when done it fails getting my gmail folders because the server is rejecting my login ,,, any ideas?...
  4. Can't sign into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail: HiAll of a sudden I can't sign in to one of my gmail accounts in Windows Live Mail. The password is saved so I don't need to enter it but I am getting the message 'The Server has rejected your login' due to non-network error and the suggestion it was because I was running low...
  5. Can't sign into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail

Can't sign into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail: HiAll of a sudden I can't sign in to one of my gmail accounts in Windows Live Mail. The password is saved so I don't need to enter it but I am getting the message 'The Server has rejected your login' due to non-network error and the suggestion it was because I was running low...
  6. Can't sign in into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail: HiAll of a sudden I can't sign in to one of my gmail accounts in Windows Live Mail. The password is saved so I don't need to enter it but I am getting the message 'The Server has rejected your login' due to non-network error and the suggestion it was because I was running low...
  7. Can't sign in into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail

Can't sign in into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail: HiAll of a sudden I can't sign in to one of my gmail accounts in Windows Live Mail. The password is saved so I don't need to enter it but I am getting the message 'The Server has rejected your login' due to non-network error and the suggestion it was because I was running low...
  8. Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail: I received an email from Yahoo on 25 August titled Important security notice about your Yahoo account. This informed me that I had to take some action before 20 October 2020 to continue to use a third party application to access my Yahoo email account. As I use Windows...
  9. Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail

Unable to add Gmail account to Windows Mail: After I've entered my Gmail credentials and allowed Windows to have access to my Google account, I get the following notification. It is pertinent that I find a way to add this account because I need the e-mail access for school, work, and various other things. The laptop is...
  10. Gmail in Windows Live Mail (Windows 10)

Gmail in Windows Live Mail (Windows 10): My Gmail account has been working well in my Windows Live Mail. Recently, it ceased to recognize the password and therefore I no longer havce access to it through that program. I have made a Run Programs made for previous versions of Windows in na attempt to deblock de...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live unable to access gmail pop