Windows 10: Unable to access/open Virus and Threat Protection Setting in Window Security

Discus and support Unable to access/open Virus and Threat Protection Setting in Window Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Have anyone encounter this problem before? This happened after I tried to update my windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ronaldo Avvassy, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Unable to access/open Virus and Threat Protection Setting in Window Security

Hello everyone. Have anyone encounter this problem before? This happened after I tried to update my windows

:)

Ronaldo Avvassy, Aug 29, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Aug 29, 2021
  3. Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, Aug 29, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Unable to access/open Virus and Threat Protection Setting in Window Security

Virus & Threat Protection

Hi Steven, while Controlled Folder Access is going to be a great feature, for the moment, until the rest of the software community catch up, your best option is to turn that feature off for now

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to find Controlled folder access

Turn that option off

DaveM121, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

Unable to access/open Virus and Threat Protection Setting in Window Security

1. Unable to access/open Virus and Threat Protection Setting in Window Security - Similar Threads - Unable access open

2. Unable to Access Windows Defender settings or Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Windows Defender settings or Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I was trying to access my Virus and Threat Protection settings and its not letting me get there. It keeps saying this"Page not available - Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT help...
  3. Unable to Access Windows Defender settings or Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Windows Defender settings or Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I was trying to access my Virus and Threat Protection settings and its not letting me get there. It keeps saying this"Page not available - Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT help...
  4. Unable to open Virus and Threat Protection

Unable to open Virus and Threat Protection: While opening Virus and threat protection it is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." And even I am facing a problem in opening Windows Security Center...
  5. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection settings page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access Virus and Threat protection settings page: Recently, after installing a somewhat shady software, I have been unable to access Virus and Threat protection page. Everytime I turn my PC on, a notification pops up on screen saying I have not enabled Real Time protection enabled and asks me to enable it. However everytime...
  6. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  7. Unable to open 'virus and threat protection'

Unable to open 'virus and threat protection': While trying to open 'virus and threat protection', I'm getting this pop up. It is also not able to find any app in Microsoft Store. Can anyone help me in this regard....
  8. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: Windows 10 home. I uninstalling Malware Bytes, I have scanned for any and all mayware, I have tried reinstalling windows, I have tried getting rid of any scheduled tasks from EnterpriseMgmt I have tried the cmd in powershell Set-MpPreference -UILockdown 0. And I have tried...
  9. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: [ATTACH] I am unable to access the virus and threat protectionfeature. Though I am an administrator. Please find attached the screenshot for the same....
  10. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: I have an acer swift 3. As you can see in the picture attached below is that the Virus and Threat Protection is not available. I tried command start it but all I am getting is "Page Not Available - Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app..... I...