Windows 10: Unable to access other user profiles

Discus and support Unable to access other user profiles in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mason Smith1, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Unable to access other user profiles

My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to the family account list it wont let me sign into it let alone show it on the login page. Also when enabling an administrator thing such as admin cmd page it requires me to put in his pin to access regardless of it showing anywhere.

:)

Mason Smith1, Oct 21, 2022

2. Unable to Access Profile

Hi Ron,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We will work together to resolve this issue.

This issue might occur because of corrupt registry/ user profile settings.

Please follow some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if you are able to access.

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to create a new user account from it.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 21, 2022
  3. v444 Win User
    script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

4. Unable to access other user profiles

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Oct 21, 2022
Thema:

Unable to access other user profiles

1. Unable to access other user profiles - Similar Threads - Unable access user

2. Question about Administrator access to other user's profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Administrator access to other user's profile.: I have been setting up and using Administrator and Standard user Local Accounts since before the Windows XP Era. I've come across a behavior in which I could use a more detailed explanation. As you know, if you are logged in as an administrator user, and you navigate to the...
  3. Question about Administrator access to other user's profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Administrator access to other user's profile.: I have been setting up and using Administrator and Standard user Local Accounts since before the Windows XP Era. I've come across a behavior in which I could use a more detailed explanation. As you know, if you are logged in as an administrator user, and you navigate to the...
  4. Unable to access other user profiles

Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  5. Unable to access other user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  6. User Profile Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Access: Hello all,Recently my computer entered into a BSOD loop that has progressed to the point where I believe my only option is to wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows. In attempt to to save my files, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the contents of the original drive onto an...
  7. User Profile Access

User Profile Access: Hello all,Recently my computer entered into a BSOD loop that has progressed to the point where I believe my only option is to wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows. In attempt to to save my files, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the contents of the original drive onto an...
  8. User Profile Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. User Profiles & Access

User Profiles & Access: I set up a user profile for myself and my wife on a new PC. I was working fine on mine and switched to my wife’s to let her set up her emails etc. However, when i tried to gt in, I received an error message “User Profile Service service failed in sign-in, User profile...
  10. Unable to access other profiles on laptop.

Unable to access other profiles on laptop.: I have a Samsung laptop on which I had three profiles. (my own, my partners and my sons) While signing into my profile after startup I had an error about the login not being recognised and was signed into a temporary user that allowed me very little access and told me that...