Windows 10: Unable to access partitioned SSD after new installation of Windows 11 Home N

Discus and support Unable to access partitioned SSD after new installation of Windows 11 Home N in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I've recently installed a new SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1TB SSD in my HP Elitebook 840 G5 laptop.After which I installed Windows 11 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Julian Broudy, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Unable to access partitioned SSD after new installation of Windows 11 Home N

Hello,I've recently installed a new SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1TB SSD in my HP Elitebook 840 G5 laptop.After which I installed Windows 11 Home N from a bootable USB that I created on a different computer using Windows Media Creation Tool.When installing windows I allocated the following partitions:256GB for the OS.Which automatically created a few more partitions for proper Windows installation.200GB, because I would like to have a separate partition for all my installed programs.500GB for personal documents, projects, etc.Once it was successfully installed, I restarted it a few time

:)

Julian Broudy, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Carsomyr Win User

Partition SSD during windows 10 install

I'm assembling a new PC and running a fresh windows 10 install. I'd like to know how to partition the ssd into 2 separate partitions during the windows install (I'm using a bootable usb drive to install Windows).

I want to know if I need to input specific settings for those partitions or if it's all automatic?

I need one partition for Windows on and another for my documents. The ssd has 960gb size.

So I'm guessing it has about 60gb over-provisionning. I could leave out a bit more, but it probably doesn't matter that much

Carsomyr, Dec 27, 2022
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 27, 2022
  4. redeye Win User

Unable to access partitioned SSD after new installation of Windows 11 Home N

New SSD, is it performing properly?

i would suggest to secure erase it, and partition it so that the partition is 25% smaller than the SSD's size...
    i believe that will Significantly increase the random access rate so that you won't experience the "pauses" that make SSD's seem slow... anandtech's lastest review of SSD's seem to make this suggestion.

TL;DR... size your SSD 25% smaller than it's size. (windows partition...)

redeye, Dec 27, 2022
Thema:

Unable to access partitioned SSD after new installation of Windows 11 Home N

1. Unable to access partitioned SSD after new installation of Windows 11 Home N - Similar Threads - Unable access partitioned

2. Unable to install Windows 11 on an empty, new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Windows 11 on an empty, new SSD: I have a blank SSD in one of the bays in my desktop tower, ready for a new OS. I have two other OSs on two other disks in two other separate bays.Initially, the fresh-out-of-the box SSD came partitioned into EFI, "Microsoft reserved partition", and a NTFS data partition.So I...
  3. Unable to install Windows 11 on an empty, new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Windows 11 on an empty, new SSD: I have a blank SSD in one of the bays in my desktop tower, ready for a new OS. I have two other OSs on two other disks in two other separate bays.Initially, the fresh-out-of-the box SSD came partitioned into EFI, "Microsoft reserved partition", and a NTFS data partition.So I...
  4. Installing windows 11 home on a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 11 home on a new ssd: Trying to install windows 11 from usb bought from best buy, have cleaned disk partitions and even set drive as GPT in DOS but every attempt goes as follows, setup launches from usb drive, create new partitions, windows 11 acts like its installing and goes into restart...
  5. Installing windows 11 home on a new ssd

Installing windows 11 home on a new ssd: Trying to install windows 11 from usb bought from best buy, have cleaned disk partitions and even set drive as GPT in DOS but every attempt goes as follows, setup launches from usb drive, create new partitions, windows 11 acts like its installing and goes into restart...
  6. Unable to find data in my SSD partition after installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find data in my SSD partition after installing Windows 11: Hey, I installed Windows 11 few days ago and everything seems to be working fine until it didn't. Today, I was working and suddenly after some time, my partition for SSD 1TB stopped showing up. So, I went to disk management and allocated it. It sharted showing up then with...
  7. Unable to find data in my SSD partition after installing Windows 11

Unable to find data in my SSD partition after installing Windows 11: Hey, I installed Windows 11 few days ago and everything seems to be working fine until it didn't. Today, I was working and suddenly after some time, my partition for SSD 1TB stopped showing up. So, I went to disk management and allocated it. It sharted showing up then with...
  8. Unable to access partitioned SSD after new installation of Windows 11 Home N

Unable to access partitioned SSD after new installation of Windows 11 Home N: Hello,I've recently installed a new SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1TB SSD in my HP Elitebook 840 G5 laptop.After which I installed Windows 11 Home N from a bootable USB that I created on a different computer using Windows Media Creation Tool.When installing windows I...
  9. Unable to Install new SSD

Unable to Install new SSD: After many attempts over several days I've been unable to make any progress. I have a Lenovo desktop H50 series X64 with Windows 10 build 17134. I read Windows Overview of Disk Management and a dozens of other online sources but was unable to get this done. The SSD is...
  10. New SSD install partition help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD install partition help.: Hello. I am installing a new ssd and I need help with the partitions. I purchased a WD Black SN750 1tb. I installed it in my laptop (Alienware M15). I downloaded the windows 10 disc image iso file on a USB. I am in windows setup and I selected custom install and I'm on the...