Windows 10: Unable to access settings and Windows store

Discus and support Unable to access settings and Windows store in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There are two problems I am facing- 1. I am unable to access display settings in any way. I tried opening settings and then going inti display the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abhishek Kumar Yadav, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Unable to access settings and Windows store

There are two problems I am facing-

1. I am unable to access display settings in any way. I tried opening settings and then going inti display the screen froze, it didnt go into not responding, it just stayed there until I close it. I also tried opening any setting using windows search like night light settings but it didn't work either.

2. I am also unable to do anything in Windows Store, I can open front screen, everything loads, but I am unable to see any downloads, installed apps, updates then I reset the windows store, so I was logged out but the problem persisted. Everytime I just saw error x in a separate window.

I haven't installed anything to start this problem, I just have killed some processes to stoo network usage so as to reduce ping in games.

:)

Abhishek Kumar Yadav, Nov 30, 2018

2. Unable to access Windows Apps and Windows Store on Windows 10. How to re-install Window 10?

Hi Allan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Windows 10 operating system and Windows Store, I regret for the inconvenience.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the issues you are facing in accessing Windows 10 Operating System along with accessing Windows Store?
    • From when are you facing these issues?

I recommend you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issues with Microsoft apps and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, we will help you to perform Clean installation of the operating system on your device.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.

• Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run WSReset.exe

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 4: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings and check if it helps.

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
      inetcpl.cpl
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us for further assistance. If the issue still persists, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Unable to access Windows Store apps on Windows 10

Hi Barry,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What are the changes you have made to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the Windows Store apps?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.

Method 2: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Click Apply.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

4. Unable to access settings and Windows store

Unable to open Windows Store on Windows 10

Hi Larry,

Provide us additional information to resolve the issues with accessing the Windows Store:

• Were you able to see any error message/ error code while trying to access the Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Windows Store for further assistance.

Thank you.

Thema:

Unable to access settings and Windows store

1. Unable to access settings and Windows store - Similar Threads - Unable access settings

2. Unable to Access Microsoft Store on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Microsoft Store on Windows 11: Hi, I'm having trouble accessing the Microsoft Store on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open the Store app, it just shows a blank screen and then closes after a few seconds. I've tried resetting the Store app and running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, but...
  3. Unable to Access Microsoft Store on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Microsoft Store on Windows 11: Hi, I'm having trouble accessing the Microsoft Store on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open the Store app, it just shows a blank screen and then closes after a few seconds. I've tried resetting the Store app and running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, but...
  4. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  5. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  6. Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access the "Sound Settings": I recently got a new acer laptop. The laptop was good but was freezing whenever i opened something. I then did a windows updateas recommended by youtube videos it fixed the freezing...however, it caused a new problem. I am able to open settings but i can't access the sound...
  7. Unable to access settings on Windows 10 pc

Unable to access settings on Windows 10 pc: i can't open settings in windows 10 Original Title : settings issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-settings-on-windows-10-pc/ee76197d-dc9f-44d9-8f1b-4f7d45ef9138
  8. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  9. Unable to access the Microsoft store on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to access the Microsoft store on Windows 10: So, I've never used the Microsoft store before on Windows 10, but this past week the whole Minecraft RTX beta got publicly released and, being a long-time fan, naturally I wanted to try it. Since it's only available on the Windows 10 edition, through the Windows 10 store, I...
  10. Unable to access "settings" on windows 10

Unable to access "settings" on windows 10: when I try to open "settings" on windows 10, I briefly get the blue box with the settings logo, then it disappears. in trying further, I got the message "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or create an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to access the store BSOD

2. unable to access Windows Store