Windows 10: Unable to access Settings on my PC and READ_ONLY

Discus and support Unable to access Settings on my PC and READ_ONLY in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to open any of my PC settings when clicking on the Settings link on my PC. Tried fresh install of Windows 10, but the problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Al_386, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Al_386 Win User

Unable to access Settings on my PC and READ_ONLY

I am unable to open any of my PC settings when clicking on the Settings link on my PC. Tried fresh install of Windows 10, but the problem is unresolved.

Also, recently my PC started acting up and now ALL folders and files appear to set to READ_ONLY. I am sometimes able to go into advanced and uncheck the READ_ONLY and apply, and this grants me temporary relief, but when I restart the PC the windows resets the folders and files to READ_ONLY again. This is terribly inconvenient having to change the setting every time I need to access a file, and does not allow some of my APPs to function on my PC.

On mail app, I tried adding an account and it got me to google. I was able to log in successfully at google and even received the email from them notifying me of attempted access from a new PC. However the mail app on the computer still isn't working and doesn't appear to save the account info.

Getting very frustrated with this and assistance would be much appreciated since it appears that I am not the only one experiencing these issues.

:)

Al_386, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Unable to access Cortana, Search box, Settings on Windows 10

Hi Darius,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to in accessing the Cortana, Search box and Settings in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue persists on Microsoft account/ local account?
    • What is the Windows troubleshooter you have deployed to resolve the issue?
    • What is the exact error code/ error message of this issue as we are unable to access the links provided?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-out from the current user account, restart the device, log-in with Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Unable to access Settings on my PC and READ_ONLY

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Unable to access Settings on my PC and READ_ONLY

1. Unable to access Settings on my PC and READ_ONLY - Similar Threads - Unable access Settings

2. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  3. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  4. I'm unable to access anything on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to access anything on my PC.: Hello I am Prem from Bhansali SteelMy laptop will not respond to any tasks, no matter what I do. For example, I got the mouse to work, but nothing changed. It still clicks on the object, but the laptop will not reply. It will not even reset the computer, so I'm back to square...
  5. I'm unable to access anything on my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to access anything on my PC.: Hello I am Prem from Bhansali SteelMy laptop will not respond to any tasks, no matter what I do. For example, I got the mouse to work, but nothing changed. It still clicks on the object, but the laptop will not reply. It will not even reset the computer, so I'm back to square...
  6. Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access the "Sound Settings": I recently got a new acer laptop. The laptop was good but was freezing whenever i opened something. I then did a windows updateas recommended by youtube videos it fixed the freezing...however, it caused a new problem. I am able to open settings but i can't access the sound...
  7. Unable to access settings on Windows 10 pc

Unable to access settings on Windows 10 pc: i can't open settings in windows 10 Original Title : settings issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-settings-on-windows-10-pc/ee76197d-dc9f-44d9-8f1b-4f7d45ef9138
  8. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  9. unable to access my PC due to BitLocker

unable to access my PC due to BitLocker: When I start my machine, I see BitLocker on the screen. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-my-pc-due-to-bitlocker/b0c5a5f0-2bcf-438b-84ee-4d17de2992dd
  10. unable to get access to the pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to get access to the pc: I have an account issue and cannot get access to my pc. I receive a message that I have to change my password to get access. OK, I’ve created a new Hotmail address and changed the password. But when I try to log into my pc, the system says the password is wrong. I’ve got a...