Windows 10: Unable to access "settings" on windows 10

Discus and support Unable to access "settings" on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I try to open "settings" on windows 10, I briefly get the blue box with the settings logo, then it disappears. in trying further, I got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joyceger, Apr 15, 2020.

1. joyceger Win User

Unable to access "settings" on windows 10

when I try to open "settings" on windows 10, I briefly get the blue box with the settings logo, then it disappears. in trying further, I got the message "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or create an association in the default Apps setting page". I can not even access the default apps setting page. How can I access my settings?

:)

joyceger, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Unable to access Cortana, Search box, Settings on Windows 10

Hi Darius,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to in accessing the Cortana, Search box and Settings in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue persists on Microsoft account/ local account?
    • What is the Windows troubleshooter you have deployed to resolve the issue?
    • What is the exact error code/ error message of this issue as we are unable to access the links provided?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-out from the current user account, restart the device, log-in with Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Unable to access "settings" on windows 10

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to access "settings" on windows 10

1. Unable to access "settings" on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable access settings

2. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  3. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  4. Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access the "Sound Settings": I recently got a new acer laptop. The laptop was good but was freezing whenever i opened something. I then did a windows updateas recommended by youtube videos it fixed the freezing...however, it caused a new problem. I am able to open settings but i can't access the sound...
  5. Unable to access settings on Windows 10 pc

Unable to access settings on Windows 10 pc: i can't open settings in windows 10 Original Title : settings issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-settings-on-windows-10-pc/ee76197d-dc9f-44d9-8f1b-4f7d45ef9138
  6. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  7. Unable to access windows settings or the search bar

Unable to access windows settings or the search bar: When i try to access the settings menu or use the search bar, i am unable to access either of them. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-windows-settings-or-the-search/7ede9c0b-4169-47ed-bc60-359f37bc6f78
  8. Unable to access Screen Saver settings

Unable to access Screen Saver settings: I am using Win. 10. When I go to settings and click 'Change Screen Saver", a window pops up that says: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions for the item." This is...
  9. Unable to access settings and Windows store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access settings and Windows store: There are two problems I am facing- 1. I am unable to access display settings in any way. I tried opening settings and then going inti display the screen froze, it didnt go into not responding, it just stayed there until I close it. I also tried opening any setting using...
  10. Unable to access Apps & features setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to access Apps & features setting: Unable to access apps & features setting or any of the settings under system. 73048