Windows 10: Unable to access shared printer

Discus and support Unable to access shared printer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dineshkumar Ponnuvel, May 26, 2022.

1. Unable to access shared printer

When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,

:)

Dineshkumar Ponnuvel, May 26, 2022

2. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 26, 2022
  3. steve108 Win User
    steve108, May 26, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unable to access shared printer

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Unable to access shared printer

1. Unable to access shared printer - Similar Threads - Unable access shared

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  4. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access shared printer.: I have a windows 10 PC with a shared printer but every time I want to access the shared printer from other PC it always prompt that cannot connect to printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-shared-printer/a2f02dd8-32ff-487e-8ecf-54c93365a1ac
  5. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared printer.: I have a windows 10 PC with a shared printer but every time I want to access the shared printer from other PC it always prompt that cannot connect to printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-shared-printer/a2f02dd8-32ff-487e-8ecf-54c93365a1ac
  6. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  8. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  9. Unable to connect to shared printer

Unable to connect to shared printer: I have posted this problem before and have not cured it yet. I have two Windows 10 PCs on a local network that used to share printers on the old Homegroup arrangement. Both PCs have printers setup to be shared. Both PCs are on version 20H2 now. Lets call them PC A and PC B...
  10. Unable to share printer

Unable to share printer: Hi I have a new Windows 10 system (A) which has a printer attached. I'm trying to share the printer with another computer (B) also running windows 10, both computers can see each other on the network but when B tries to look at A it gets a message that it can't access A....