Windows 10: Unable to access specific sites through multiple browsers

Discus and support Unable to access specific sites through multiple browsers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Within the last few weeks I have been unable to access specific websites. Examples are gmail.com and wikipedia.org. Have tried using edge, chrome and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ValHall1, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ValHall1 Win User

Unable to access specific sites through multiple browsers

Within the last few weeks I have been unable to access specific websites. Examples are gmail.com and wikipedia.org. Have tried using edge, chrome and firefox with same result. Receive the "Awe Snap" response on chrome and similar page crashes on edge and firefox. It appears it may have something to do with a recent windows 10 update, as I was able to access these in the past. Any suggestions?

:)

ValHall1, Apr 3, 2020

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Unable to login into the blogger site.

Hello Janet,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to login into your blogger URL on the PC but the same is possible on the mobile device.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which browser are you using to access the blogging website (Edge, Internet explorer or other browsers)?
    • Are you not able to login into other websites on the browser?
    • Did you check if the login is permitted in another browser?

I suggest you to check if you are able to login and access the blogger site on other browsers. If the issue does not persists, check if you are able to access other websites on the browser you are unable to login to the blogger site.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Unable to access specific sites through multiple browsers

Unable to Access Some sites

Hi Manoj,

Based on the description that you provided, there are settings that we need to configure to resolve this issue. However, we need to do some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you using a work or a personal computer?
    • Is this happening on a specific browser?

Charianne Per, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to access specific sites through multiple browsers

1. Unable to access specific sites through multiple browsers - Similar Threads - Unable access specific

2. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET coming up for multiple sites on multiple browsers on the same device....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET coming up for multiple sites on multiple browsers on the same device....: Hi. I have an acer, windows 11 laptop. On both chrome and microsoft edge, there are two websites one for work and one for uni that have come up as ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on my laptop all day, but remain working on my phone. I have tried resetting ip address and dns and I have...
  3. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET coming up for multiple sites on multiple browsers on the same device....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET coming up for multiple sites on multiple browsers on the same device....: Hi. I have an acer, windows 11 laptop. On both chrome and microsoft edge, there are two websites one for work and one for uni that have come up as ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on my laptop all day, but remain working on my phone. I have tried resetting ip address and dns and I have...
  4. browser error: website access site can't be reached but site is available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browser error: website access site can't be reached but site is available: Hi,I have a not-so-new PC purchased new with W7, then I took the free upgrade to W10 several years back. The processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, with 8GB of memory. Yes, I know I need to upgrade my machine, but I use this machine only for documents and web...
  5. browser error: website access site can't be reached but site is available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browser error: website access site can't be reached but site is available: Hi,I have a not-so-new PC purchased new with W7, then I took the free upgrade to W10 several years back. The processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, with 8GB of memory. Yes, I know I need to upgrade my machine, but I use this machine only for documents and web...
  6. browser error: website access site can't be reached but site is available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. access denied to specific site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    access denied to specific site: I finally succeeded in setting up an account at irs.gov and now then I put my user name in it says access denied and has a big long code following the the denial. Why is this happening?...
  8. Recommend a Site-Specific Browser (SSB) approach for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommend a Site-Specific Browser (SSB) approach for Windows 10?: Something similar to Fluid on macOS? EDIT: I use Firefox as my default browser on Windows 10. submitted by /u/DoctorOddfellow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4mxer/recommend_a_sitespecific_browser_ssb_approach_for/
  9. Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account: I'm editing this post to reflect the current state of the issue. I bought some new PCs from Dell which had Windows 10 and Office preinstalled on them - kind of SOP at our company. The pre-installed Office apps are Microsoft Store apps. They're accessible using a local...
  10. Unable To Access Screen Sharing Sites

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable To Access Screen Sharing Sites: Hi, I'm trying to set up my daughter's laptop who's not at home. I decided that having a screen sharing program, such as join.me would be a good idea so that I can see what's going on over the distance from my computer. However, on neither computer can I access either of the...