Windows 10: unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

Discus and support unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; unable to acess start up menu or Microsoft edge please fix problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RonaldHolden1, Aug 29, 2019.

1. unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

unable to acess start up menu or Microsoft edge please fix problem

:)

RonaldHolden1, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Aug 29, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Aug 29, 2019
  4. unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

Start Menu, Cortana, Edge and sound

Hi Angel,

To facilitate your query, we'd like to ask these questions:

• When was the last time you were able to access Start Menu, Cortana, and Microsoft Edge?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?

Let us try the methods below and observe.

Method 1: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter.

Try this Start Menu Troubleshooter to automatically fix problem with Cortana and Start Menu.

Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM commands.

System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions

in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.

Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

1. unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it - Similar Threads - unable access start

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu

Unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu: I have a colleague and he is unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu. When he clicks on the icon, the pop up window doesn't appear. I have already restarted the Windows Explorer from Task Manager and done the command prompt "SFC / scannow" in CMD, updated the registry...
  6. Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help: I disabled Cortana in the regedit and also renamed the Cortana folder in the System Apps folder in order to completely stop it from running. Now, when I hit the Start menu button on the keyboard, it opens up, but am unable to type in anything.. How do I resolve this issue?...
  7. Unable to access email from Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access email from Start Menu: I cannot get my email to come up from the start up menu ***Modified title from: email access*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-email-from-start-menu/e613ddd4-4860-4911-bdda-f87d55a988d7
  8. Unable to access Start Menu and Taskbar

Unable to access Start Menu and Taskbar: I searched for answers to this question on the forum, and found some answers, but none of them worked for me. So I am posting now hoping someone can provide me some sort of assistance. I have an HP touchscreen laptop I bought last year and I upgraded from Windows 7 to...
  9. Microsoft Edge Start Up

Microsoft Edge Start Up: I have set (in Settings) MS Edge to open with a specific page (www.bbc.com.news). However, when I open it, it displays the pages I last had opened. If I then close it and re-open it, it behaves as expected by showing the specified page. I can't see why it's misbehaving -...
  10. Start Menu problem - fixed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu problem - fixed.: I've just found a solution to a problem I had with the start menu in 10130 and thought I'd post it here in case others are having the same problem. This morning there was nothing I could do to open the start menu - tried everything. Then I remembered that last night I...