Windows 10: unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

Discus and support unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; unable to acess start up menu or Microsoft edge please fix problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RonaldHolden1, Aug 29, 2019.

1. unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

unable to acess start up menu or Microsoft edge please fix problem

:)

RonaldHolden1, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Aug 29, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Aug 29, 2019
  4. unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

Start Menu, Cortana, Edge and sound

Hi Angel,

To facilitate your query, we'd like to ask these questions:

• When was the last time you were able to access Start Menu, Cortana, and Microsoft Edge?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?

Let us try the methods below and observe.

Method 1: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter.

Try this Start Menu Troubleshooter to automatically fix problem with Cortana and Start Menu.

Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM commands.

System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions

in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.

Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

1. unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it - Similar Threads - unable access start

2. TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TYPING PROBLEM IN MS EDGE, SETTINGS, AND START MENU !: Hello Microsoft, Three days ago, I've formatted my LENOVO laptop with Windows 10 _ 1809 Edition. after a few hours of setting it up, I noticed that my keyboard doesn't work at all in Cortana, Start Menu, Microsoft Edge. In addition of that, the language button is...
  3. Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Closing by Itself, can't fix, PLEASE HELP!: Hello people, thanks for reading! First of all, I watched and did this video, I think that's what broke my Start Menu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVy4GAtkh7Q It was a few days ago, I had no problems, but today after I restarted my PC, the start menu stopped working....
  4. Can't access start menu, tools, cortana, Microsoft edge, or "This PC" in explorer

in Cortana
    Can't access start menu, tools, cortana, Microsoft edge, or "This PC" in explorer: Hi, I just had this issue starting 11/21/18. I noticed that I couldn't type inside the search bar, or open Cortana. I restarted the computer using Alt F4 to restart. It got hung up on restart, and closed the Dell laptop and it restarted again. Fully rebooted, got to sign in...
  5. Microsoft Edge Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Start Up: I have set (in Settings) MS Edge to open with a specific page (www.bbc.com.news). However, when I open it, it displays the pages I last had opened. If I then close it and re-open it, it behaves as expected by showing the specified page. I can't see why it's misbehaving -...
  6. what is microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    what is microsoft edge: what is Microsoft edge 40966
  7. Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?: At least I assume it launches on start up since when I try to run ccleaner it says it will have to close edge and is that OK, if I say yes it simply hangs up forever on trying to close it. Does it launch automatically on start up? If so can I prevent this? Its not showing in...
  8. Start up menu and Taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up menu and Taskbar problems: I have spent all day trying different cures for the Startup menu and task bar freeze problem to no avail. The problem does not exist in my user acct only in the wife's and she is getting upset. I did some how get it to stop locking out and forcing a restart. I wish I knew...
  9. Start menu FIX

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu FIX: I installed build 10130 then the start menu bugged and tried every solotion i saw from posts but would not work. What worked when i went into Settings -> Personalization -> Start and toggled on / off Use full-screen start when in the taskbar. Toggle it on the click start to...
  10. Start Menu problem - fixed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu problem - fixed.: I've just found a solution to a problem I had with the start menu in 10130 and thought I'd post it here in case others are having the same problem. This morning there was nothing I could do to open the start menu - tried everything. Then I remembered that last night I...