Windows 10: Unable to access the rest of my network

Discus and support Unable to access the rest of my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sometime after an update with windows 10 my laptop can no longer access my drive shares from my other windows 10 computer. Remote desktop also no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roger26101, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Unable to access the rest of my network

Sometime after an update with windows 10 my laptop can no longer access my drive shares from my other windows 10 computer.

Remote desktop also no longer functions.

I can still access the remote desktop and drive shares from other devices on my network to the original windows 10 computer however my laptop running windows 10 is not able to access the drive shares or remote desktop. I have tried looking for a solution to this and have still not found one that works.

:)

Roger26101, Dec 27, 2018

2. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 27, 2018
  3. unable to access the wireless network

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand that you are facing issue with your internet connection.

I would suggest you to follow the steps
    below:

Method 1

I would suggest you to send the
    screenshot of the wifi problem that you receive.

Please follow the link below to send the screenshot

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

Method 2

Network Troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the
    Network Troubleshooter

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

Method 3

Delete a Wireless network profile

To do so please refer the article below and check if it helps:.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Unable to access the rest of my network

Unable to access my router

1. I already have a gateway configured in my house, so no, i'm not relying on this router for internet. However, I plan to make this into an access point in the very near future.

2.This is what I'm getting when i follow that step....

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.205.6(Preferred
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

So with this i tried 169.254.205.1 with unlucky results :/

Mrblack761, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Unable to access the rest of my network

1. Unable to access the rest of my network - Similar Threads - Unable access rest

2. Unable to access shared devices on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access shared devices on network.: Hi, I'm setting up a small home network of three PCs C4-1, C4-2 and C4-3 that must be able to talk to each other and have their file system be accessed from another device. These PCs are all connected to the same router via ethernet cables and have been configured following...
  3. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

6. Unable to access the rest of my SSD

Unable to access the rest of my SSD: Hi, So recently I cloned my 120gb SSD to my new M.2 1TB SSD. But after I finished cloning, my entire M.2 SSD has basically been allocated to a Recovery Partition and I can't access it from my library. Here are some screenshots to show you the problem I have come across. I...
  7. ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED - Unable to access the network.

ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED - Unable to access the network.: Hi Everyone, I've tried looking around the community to resolve my issue but do not seem to find a resolution that has helped. I have a Windows Surface Book running on Windows 10 and I am having issues connecting to certain public Wifi. I was using Mcafee firewall in the...
  8. Unable to access a network drive

Unable to access a network drive: I have a mapped network drive that I can see but cannot access. The message from " Windows Security" Enter network credentials to :HD name My Computer name Password I have entered my password from my computer. I have tried my network password neither works. I states...
  9. Unable to access Network drive

Unable to access Network drive: My laptop cannot open this external hard drive, it always used to. Troubleshooting hasn't helped and a chat didn't resolve anything either. The laptop sees the hard drive on the network but says it cannot open it. Any ideas? ***Title modified from: dlink 26BCD6***...
  10. unable to access network device

unable to access network device: when trying to access another computer on home network i recieve network error "windows cannot access \\ desktop" that need permission from network administrator (I thought I am the administrator)...