Windows 10: Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive.

Discus and support Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I have an issue, we have one shared drive in DFS concept. we are able to map this drive in Windows 10 machines, but any unable to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chandra SekharVeerapaneni, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive.

Hi All,

I have an issue, we have one shared drive in DFS concept. we are able to map this drive in Windows 10 machines, but any unable to access the files inside that drive. It is stating that the network path is not available and some times it is displaying as you don't have permissions on this folder, but actually permissiobs are already granted. This is happen only after we move to windows 10 machines. The permissions are working fibe on windows7. Could you please assist on it?

Thanks

:)

Chandra SekharVeerapaneni, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Map Windows 7 Shared Folder to Win 95

I am able to map the folder shared by the Windows 7 machine on my XP Pro machine without problem.
    I cannot get the Windows 95 machine to map the folder shared by the Windows 7 machine.
    The Windows 95 machine will map a drive shared by an XP machine just fine.

Kreij, Aug 13, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive.

cannot open files on network shared drive

Is the remote shared folder mapped? Do you have a drive letter assigned to it?
    I'd suggest calling the software developer and asking them.

thebluebumblebee, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive.

1. Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive. - Similar Threads - Unable access shared

2. Shared drive is not mapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared drive is not mapping: Hello,We have created couple of users in AD what is happening now is that we are unable to map the shared drive. When we try to map the network drive it ask for credentials but correct user name/password entered but it says username or password incorrect. Is anyone able to...
  3. Can't access shared folder but mapped drive to that folder works fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access shared folder but mapped drive to that folder works fine: HiI am having a bizarre issue. I have a shared folder on the server that I can't access just like it doesn't exist. However if I mapped it to the drive letter I have no problem accessing it. It appears that permissions are correct because that would not work both ways. So...
  4. Can't access shared folder but mapped drive to that folder works fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared folder but mapped drive to that folder works fine: HiI am having a bizarre issue. I have a shared folder on the server that I can't access just like it doesn't exist. However if I mapped it to the drive letter I have no problem accessing it. It appears that permissions are correct because that would not work both ways. So...
  5. Can't access shared folder but mapped drive to that folder works fine

6. Network Share folder vs Mapping drives

Network Share folder vs Mapping drives: Difference between network shared and mapping a drive ? An explanation would be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-share-folder-vs-mapping-drives/bf3c629b-63e9-4a45-bff6-db7e656fd84e
  7. Network Share folder vs Mapping drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share folder vs Mapping drives: Difference between network shared and mapping a drive ? An explanation would be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-share-folder-vs-mapping-drives/bf3c629b-63e9-4a45-bff6-db7e656fd84e
  8. Network Share folder vs Mapping drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Mapped network drive/ shared folder not accessible after reboot

Mapped network drive/ shared folder not accessible after reboot: I have a folder on a file server Windows XP Pro - Logon: USER no logon password which I have shared share permission read/write to ALEX not administrator and added ALEX into the security list. File server IP = 192.168.1.111 I have a desktop Windows 10 Home Logon: USERno...
  10. Not able to access NAS Shared folder

Not able to access NAS Shared folder: Hey, Recently, I reinstalled windows 10, and suddenly, I was not able to access any shared folders located on my NAS. I was able to access other PCs (running windows 10)'s shared folders. Other PCs(running windows 10) are able to acccess the NAS. Can you guys help with...