Windows 10: Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

Discus and support Unable to access the "Sound Settings" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got a new acer laptop. The laptop was good but was freezing whenever i opened something. I then did a windows updateas recommended by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Avighnaa Ramesh, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

I recently got a new acer laptop. The laptop was good but was freezing whenever i opened something. I then did a windows updateas recommended by youtube videos it fixed the freezing...however, it caused a new problem. I am able to open settings but i can't access the sound settings. Whenever I go to Settings>System>Sound the settings app crashes and i can't do anything except close settings.

:)

Avighnaa Ramesh, Aug 1, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Unable to access the "Sound Settings" :p

cadaveca, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Unable to access the "Sound Settings"

1. Unable to access the "Sound Settings" - Similar Threads - Unable access Sound

2. Unable to access backup settings, even as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access backup settings, even as admin: We are working with a client. After running hard drive scans, we've noticed the backups are way too big. When we try to save it, the error reads "Could not configure the disk space used for system protection for the following reason: The shadow copy provider had an error....
  3. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  4. Unable to access sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access sound settings: I am currently unable to access my system's sound settings, hear sound, or process anything containing audio. Earlier today I attempted to download Rode Connect, once downloaded I was unable to access the system's sound settings. Upon seeing this I uninstalled Rode Connect in...
  5. Unable to access Privacy and Security Options in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Privacy and Security Options in Settings: Windows 11 Privacy and Security setting is greyed out, when I click on it it tells me to go to the app store but when I search for an app it leads to a microsoft edge add. Does that mean privacy and security settings are only available in Windows 11 if I make Edge my default...
  6. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  7. Unable to access "settings" on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access "settings" on windows 10: when I try to open "settings" on windows 10, I briefly get the blue box with the settings logo, then it disappears. in trying further, I got the message "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or create an...
  8. Unable to access Screen Saver settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access Screen Saver settings: I am using Win. 10. When I go to settings and click 'Change Screen Saver", a window pops up that says: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions for the item." This is...
  9. Unable to access settings and Windows store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access settings and Windows store: There are two problems I am facing- 1. I am unable to access display settings in any way. I tried opening settings and then going inti display the screen froze, it didnt go into not responding, it just stayed there until I close it. I also tried opening any setting using...
  10. Unable to access Apps & features setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to access Apps & features setting: Unable to access apps & features setting or any of the settings under system. 73048