Windows 10: Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$

Discus and support Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Facing below issue unable to access to the PC share folder but able to remote and Ping to the PC, not even can use via IP address, but the PC can open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HannNg, Mar 4, 2019.

1. HannNg Win User

Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$

Facing below issue unable to access to the PC share folder but able to remote and Ping to the PC, not even can use via IP address, but the PC can open others PC share folder or C$.

That PC is using Window 7 Pro

Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$ f7b98a8f-0e52-4409-80aa-d73b3e347226?upload=true.jpg

:)

HannNg, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$ - Similar Threads - Unable Access Share

2. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  3. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  4. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to access shared drive on other network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access shared drive on other network computers: Hello, on our home network we have my computer and my wife's computer and recently we purchased a WD MyBook to act as a backup drive for the both of us. I've gotten this set up and it is currently plugged into my PC and I have set it to share to the network. However, when I...
  6. Shared drive access

Shared drive access: Hello, I am trying to access a shared drive I have created on another PC recently but whenever I click on the desktop on the network it ask for credentials despite me already ticking the box to turn off password protection in the settings. I have done the trouble shooter...
  7. Share C drive

Share C drive: I have a second drive connected and can share that When I try to share the C drive or any folders on that drive it says you do not have permission to access Y can I share other drives on that comp but not the C drive Thanks Rick 156022
  8. No Access to C Drive

No Access to C Drive: I'm not good with computers so I need help with a permissions problem on my C Drive. I wiped my laptop recently and tried to add a folder on my C Drive and tried to change it from a read-only file but it wouldn't let me. I tried following a few guides to give myself C Drive...
  9. Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive.

Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive.: Hi All, I have an issue, we have one shared drive in DFS concept. we are able to map this drive in Windows 10 machines, but any unable to access the files inside that drive. It is stating that the network path is not available and some times it is displaying as you don't...
  10. C: drive folder sharing?

C: drive folder sharing?: Hi all - I have a Win10 desktop for gaming/more complicated work and a HP Laptop running Linux Mint MATE 18.3. I'm having an issue with folder sharing on Win10? I've got two folders shared from my Win10 machine - the Shared Folder (which is at the default Windows location...