Windows 10: Unable to access USB device

Discus and support Unable to access USB device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan Jansen_301, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Unable to access USB device

Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?

:)

Dan Jansen_301, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Ben Myers Win User

Usb devices not accessible

Try the USB device on a different computer.

Ben

Ben Myers, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Unable to access USB ports after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access USB ports on your device, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall the USB driver for the computer and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Universal Serial Bus Controller and expand the driver icon.

• Right Click on all the USB driver icons and select
      Uninstall.
    Restart the computer. After restarting the computer, USB driver will automatically be installed.

If the issue still persists,

Method 2: Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type "Troubleshooting" in the Search box from the desktop and click "Troubleshooting".
    • Click on "View all" from the left pane and select "Hardware and Devices".
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to access USB device

Unable to connect android device to PC using tio micro USB cable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following information to help you further:

• What happens when you connect the Android device to the computer?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?

In the meantime, I suggest you to try connecting the device to a different USB port and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps from Method 3 mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Unable to access USB device

1. Unable to access USB device - Similar Threads - Unable access USB

2. Unable to access HDD or USB storage devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access HDD or USB storage devices: I noticed recently, though I believe it may have occurred within the past couple of months, maybe even when I upgraded to windows 11, that I can't access my HDD or ANY USB storage device. Non-storage USB devices work as intended. I've tried 4 different USB thumb drives and...
  3. Unable to access HDD or USB storage devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access HDD or USB storage devices: I noticed recently, though I believe it may have occurred within the past couple of months, maybe even when I upgraded to windows 11, that I can't access my HDD or ANY USB storage device. Non-storage USB devices work as intended. I've tried 4 different USB thumb drives and...
  4. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  5. USB device access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB device access denied: Hi After I cloned my OS to SSD, I am not able to access any USB drives in any of the USB slots. I am getting an error access is denied. When I run chkdsk in CMD admin mode , I get the following error: Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk...
  6. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  7. Unable to access USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access USB drive: Hi, I tried inserting my flash drive & external driver to my Acer Aspire E13 laptop but it is not responding. it says " Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file...
  8. Unable To Access Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Access Device Manager.: You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access. ***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft =...
  9. Unable to access USB drive

Unable to access USB drive: Hi, I'm using windows 10 enterprise x86 on my HP laptop (15-AC122TU). For last few days I'm unable to copy/delete any file to/from my pendrive, not even able to format it. While formatting (fat32/NTFS/fat) : "Windows was not able to complete the format" While...
  10. Usb devices not accessible

Usb devices not accessible: It sounds like you may have set permissions wrong try taking ownership of the folders with our tutor Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials