Windows 10: Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

Discus and support Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was configuring my Users on my windows 10 laptop was about to upgrade to windows 10 and accidentally removed Admin privileges from the main account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nithya P, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Nithya P Win User

Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

I was configuring my Users on my windows 10 laptop was about to upgrade to windows 10 and accidentally removed Admin privileges from the main account while messing around with UAC. Now without any Administrator rights, I am unable to open UAC or Command Prompt administrator or even add an extra User to resolve this issue.This means that I have no administrator control over my laptop and I'm not able to upgrade my windows because of this.No matter which way I try and enter UAC or try to make any other change, the "yes" button is greyed out, and I am asked to enter an Administrator password

:)

Nithya P, Nov 16, 2021
  2. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel (UAC)

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 with just a single user account.

The problem:

1 The user account created during upgrade does not have administrator rights

2 Without administrator rights I cannot open UAC to get administrator rights

This means that I have no administrator control over my PC, not even to reverse the upgrade back to Windows 7

No matter which way I try and enter UAC, the "yes" button is greyed out, and I am asked to enter an Administrator password which I do not have.

Can anyone suggest a way of getting the single user account changed to an Administrator account.

P.S. I did the same upgrade on my laptop, and that works fine

Bryon Davies, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

Unable to Turn On User Account Control

Hi Nicky,

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature that was designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to enable the User Account Control (UAC):

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left pane, click on Change User Account Control settings.
    • The Slider should be set to the 3rd option from the bottom.
    • Click on OK button.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

1. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC - Similar Threads - Unable access User

2. Unable to access user account control settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access user account control settings: greetings, i am currently using windows 11, signed in with both my personal and school email on my own personal laptop and accidentally click let organisation manage my device i had admin power previously on this laptop, i dont know what else happened but i suddenly lost all...
  3. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC: I was configuring my Users on my windows 10 laptop was about to upgrade to windows 10 and accidentally removed Admin privileges from the main account while messing around with UAC. Now without any Administrator rights, I am unable to open UAC or Command Prompt administrator...
  4. Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC

Unable to access User Accounts Control panel UAC: I was configuring my Users on my windows 10 laptop was about to upgrade to windows 10 and accidentally removed Admin privileges from the main account while messing around with UAC. Now without any Administrator rights, I am unable to open UAC or Command Prompt administrator...
  5. Control panel user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel user account: I forgot to put a password on and i can't switch into the admin account or delete it so how do i fix it and If I take it to the windows center to let them clean up, will it help?...
  6. UAC User Account Control

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC User Account Control: Hello, I lost my UAC password, how can I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-user-account-control/7def82c3-79cf-4843-8489-7dca9434c4b1
  7. user account control panel

user account control panel: When I try and download an app on Windows 10 Pro the UAC panel only has a 'NO' option. The 'YES' option is missing. Have tried various options listed on internet sites but nothing works to date. Thank you...
  8. problem with user account control (uac)

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  9. Control Panel - User accounts -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel - User accounts -: My user account doesn't provide a "Create a Password Reset Disk" topic, how can I solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-user-accounts/51c19f6a-f15b-46cd-a82d-71e1c34e15a7
  10. Can not make changes in User Control Panel (UAC)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not make changes in User Control Panel (UAC): I am new to here and not sure if this thread maybe already solved. So I will be as detailed as I can. My wife and I are both using Windows 10 Pro laptop pc's. Both of our pc's in the control panel can not access user accounts or anything. Normally a UAC window would pop...