Windows 10: Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Discus and support Unable to access Virus and Threat protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am unable to access the virus and threat protectionfeature. Though I am an administrator. Please find attached the screenshot for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jane BennettJames, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection 4266881e-2130-4ca5-af4e-9685a54c8fc6?upload=true.png
    I am unable to access the virus and threat protectionfeature. Though I am an administrator.

Please find attached the screenshot for the same.

:)

Jane BennettJames, Feb 1, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Feb 1, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

1. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection - Similar Threads - Unable access Virus

2. Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection": Hello All,I have recently purchased Asus Tuf F-15 FX507ZV4 laptop but during some file transfer, I came to know that I unable to get access for the "Virus & threat protection". Neither I can get access of it to check the past file scanned nor to switch on-off it. I am...
  3. Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection": Hello All,I have recently purchased Asus Tuf F-15 FX507ZV4 laptop but during some file transfer, I came to know that I unable to get access for the "Virus & threat protection". Neither I can get access of it to check the past file scanned nor to switch on-off it. I am...
  4. Unable to access Virus & threat protection, Page not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Virus & threat protection, Page not available: Hi Microsoft Team,I am unable to access Virus & threat protection in Windows Security, it will prompt the error message "Page not available" and "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT...
  5. Unable to access Virus & threat protection, Page not available

Unable to access Virus & threat protection, Page not available: Hi Microsoft Team,I am unable to access Virus & threat protection in Windows Security, it will prompt the error message "Page not available" and "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT...
  6. virus and threat protection is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  7. virus and threat protection is not accessible

virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  8. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection settings page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access Virus and Threat protection settings page: Recently, after installing a somewhat shady software, I have been unable to access Virus and Threat protection page. Everytime I turn my PC on, a notification pops up on screen saying I have not enabled Real Time protection enabled and asks me to enable it. However everytime...
  9. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: Windows 10 home. I uninstalling Malware Bytes, I have scanned for any and all mayware, I have tried reinstalling windows, I have tried getting rid of any scheduled tasks from EnterpriseMgmt I have tried the cmd in powershell Set-MpPreference -UILockdown 0. And I have tried...
  10. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: I have an acer swift 3. As you can see in the picture attached below is that the Virus and Threat Protection is not available. I tried command start it but all I am getting is "Page Not Available - Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app..... I...