Windows 10: Unable to access website via FQDN or IP

Discus and support Unable to access website via FQDN or IP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Hoping someone can assist with this mind boggling issue I have at work. We have a website we're trying to access from within our work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kiefer-joeCopp, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Unable to access website via FQDN or IP

Hello,

Hoping someone can assist with this mind boggling issue I have at work.

We have a website we're trying to access from within our work network, but for some strange reason we just get the standard "this site can't be reached" error.

I have gone into our Firewall (Sophos UTM 9) and ran some diagnostics through the logging of Web Filtering. I started off by running standard request to Google, Facebook etc. Just to ensure that they were being picked up by the logging and my private IP address was listed, it was. Great news, I thought, so I then went to the site I need to access, nothing, no logs whatsoever.

This then leads me to only think that the request to this specific site isn't even hitting the firewall and therefore really only leaves DNS (happy for someone to give me some pointers if you think it could be anything else other than DNS related).

I then went into my host file and added the IP address and FQDN there to see if this would work, still no luck...

Any help is appreciated...

P.s. I can access the site from my personal mobile, I can also hotspot and connect to my phone's internet connection and access the site this way through my work laptop, so it's something within our network that's stopping the connecting.

:)

Kiefer-joeCopp, Jan 18, 2019
  2. ASRockIQ Win User

Unable to access website

hey guys, i seem to be unable to access THIS website. i'm a VIP there and i'm working on my sticky thread. the site maybe down or something. i tried turning my DSL Modem and Router off and that's a no go. tried restarting my computer and that also was a no go. lastly tried clearing DATA like Cookies, History, Etc. site maybe just be down.

ASRockIQ, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Jakob88 Win User

Unable to access website via FQDN or IP

Unable to access websites on Edge and Internet Explorer

Original title: accesse suggested website or any Ad website

I cant accesse any suggested website or any Ad website on Edge , Internet explorer and firefox

I NEED HELP !!

here is a screen shot ! all these websites marked with red arrow unable to access in any browser ,, other website are ok !

Unable to access website via FQDN or IP c830aa0f-4b55-4090-9cac-dcd759e643cb.jpg

Jakob88, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Unable to access website via FQDN or IP

1. Unable to access website via FQDN or IP - Similar Threads - Unable access website

2. Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]: For some reason, I'm unable to access some seemingly random websites via ethernet cable. My wifi connection works fine. I'm running Windows 11. On chrome, I get the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error message and "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." in Firefox. I've tried...
  3. Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access some websites via ethernet. [Windows 11]: For some reason, I'm unable to access some seemingly random websites via ethernet cable. My wifi connection works fine. I'm running Windows 11. On chrome, I get the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error message and "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." in Firefox. I've tried...
  4. Unable to access the Ticketmaster website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access the Ticketmaster website: Trying to purchase tickets on my desktop computer, windows 11, google chrome, but kept getting the following message:Error Message : Pardon Our Interruption Question24453 Views Last updated October 4, 2022Hi, I'm trying to open well known ticketing websites I have log/ins...
  5. unable to access certain websites

unable to access certain websites: I am unable to access certain websites on my pc, it just comes up with a screen saying 'this site can't be reached', I've checked the connection and the proxy and the firewall but when it comes to trying to run windows network diagnostics, it says 'An error has occurred while...
  6. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP: I have a Windows Server 2019 Domain. I'm not able to acces the Server from Windows 10 Domain Clients by its Name but can do so with IP. When I ping Server name from problem computers I get the correct Server IP. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns with no success.When I try to...
  7. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP: I have a Windows Server 2019 Domain. I'm not able to acces the Server from Windows 10 Domain Clients by its Name but can do so with IP. When I ping Server name from problem computers I get the correct Server IP. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns with no success.When I try to...
  8. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Question: I can't access network share through IP, but works on FQDN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question: I can't access network share through IP, but works on FQDN: It's the darndest thing and I can't figure it out so I'm asking. I've got my Win10-pro home server in my HOSTS file to the same IP, but when I navigate to the share at \\10.50.1.50\share I get a Network Error "Windows cannot access \\10.50.1.50\share. Contact your network...
  10. Unable to open websites via 2nd Router used as an Access point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open websites via 2nd Router used as an Access point: Hi everyone, I have two routers in my home, the main Netgear, and then a Belkin dual band AC router, used as an access point. From the access point, I have two wired connections, 1 going to my pc, the 2nd going to an Amazon Fire Stick, and then the wifi from the AP I was...