Windows 10: Unable to access Windows 10 computer configured for sign-in with PIN code

Discus and support Unable to access Windows 10 computer configured for sign-in with PIN code in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to access my computers within the LAN using SMB, but the computers using Windows 10 and PIN login refuse all access.Any solution to this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Darlanio, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Darlanio Win User

Unable to access Windows 10 computer configured for sign-in with PIN code

I need to access my computers within the LAN using SMB, but the computers using Windows 10 and PIN login refuse all access.Any solution to this problem?

:)

Darlanio, Sep 5, 2021

2. Unable to access PIN after performing the Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi Monty Lee,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with accessing the PIN on your device:

• What is the complete error code/ error message while trying to access the PIN?

• Where you able to see any other log-in password option on the lock screen?

I suggest you to try using the password on your lock screen and check if it helps. Also, try to access the user profile from the web browser on different computer and check if user credentials matches.

If the issue persists on the web browser: I suggest you to refer to the below link about: Why can't
    you sign in?
    and try to reset the password. Try the new password on the computer and check if it helps.

If not this might be an issues on the computer, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10
    for the first time, I get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to access Windows 10 computer configured for sign-in with PIN code - Similar Threads - Unable access computer

2. Unable to enter PIN on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter PIN on sign in: Neither my keyboard on the laptop nor the stand alone keyboard allows me to enter my start up PIN - the only way I can gain access is by resetting the PIN. Then both keyboards work. However when it powers off, the same issue happens. The on screen keyboard does not work...
  3. Couldn't configurate PIN-code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't configurate PIN-code: I bought a computer for my nephew a few weeks back.When windows was installed I made a new email address to the PC, I tried signing in and everything was fine.On christmas day the PC did no longer accept the login details and I checked and found out the email address I...
  4. Couldn't configurate PIN-code

Couldn't configurate PIN-code: I bought a computer for my nephew a few weeks back.When windows was installed I made a new email address to the PC, I tried signing in and everything was fine.On christmas day the PC did no longer accept the login details and I checked and found out the email address I...
  5. Couldn't configurate PIN-code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Unable to change PIN for Sign-In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change PIN for Sign-In: I first purchased my PC in 2015 and had set up my user account and pin for sign-in option. After several iterations of windows updates, I am presently trying to change my PIN number used for sign-iin upon boot or after locking my PC. However, the Sign-In Options in the...
  7. Unable to change PIN for Sign-In

Unable to change PIN for Sign-In: I first purchased my PC in 2015 and had set up my user account and pin for sign-in option. After several iterations of windows updates, I am presently trying to change my PIN number used for sign-iin upon boot or after locking my PC. However, the Sign-In Options in the...
  8. Unable create PIN-code in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable create PIN-code in Windows 10: Hi there, This is what it looks like when I press the button to create the Pin code https://youtu.be/DT1Q7GcWhas My copy of Windows is totally legal, activated and I've been using it on this machine for something like 4-5 years. I've already been through the similar...
  9. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN: Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch. Any help is appreciated. Regards. 175872
  10. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN: Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch. Any help is appreciated. Regards. 175872