Windows 10: Unable to access Windows 10 Work Account

Discus and support Unable to access Windows 10 Work Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I just reset one of my work PC's for a new hire that will be here on Monday. On the initialization prompts I clicked "Work or School... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Terry_707, May 13, 2022.

1. Terry_707 Win User

Unable to access Windows 10 Work Account

Hello Everyone. I just reset one of my work PC's for a new hire that will be here on Monday. On the initialization prompts I clicked "Work or School Account", then signed in with my work Microsoft 365 account. Once I typed the username and password it asked me for a verification code. My boss set it up that the code forwarded to a phone that has an extension, so sometimes the codes don't come through. I clicked "skip for now" when the code didn't come through.The little "Hello, Windows is being set up" graphic finished, then I was in the account. I hit the "lock" button, but when I tried to lo

:)

Terry_707, May 13, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 13, 2022
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unable to access Windows 10 Work Account :(

Zakin, May 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to access Windows 10 Work Account - Similar Threads - Unable access Account

2. Unable to access to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access to my Microsoft account: Hello, I just got a new laptop and I am trying to access to my Microsoft account, but every time I put my email and password says “Something went wrong Please try later. 0x80190001. Also when I try to open a new page on edge, for example: I search for yahoo to enter to my...
  3. Machine Unable To Access Bank Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Machine Unable To Access Bank Account: I wanted to log into Amalgamated bank Amalgamated bank. I get the login prompt:I enter my Username and press continue and get:You don't have permission to access "http://cibng.ibanking-services.com/EamWeb/Remote/RemoteLoginAPI.aspx?" on this server.Reference...
  4. Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts: Before anything, I've attempted all the methods I've discovered online. Booting into Safe Mode and pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete twice wont allow me to log in due to the fact there is some password on the built-in administrator account. This computer is a Dell Optiplex 330...
  5. Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts: Before anything, I've attempted all the methods I've discovered online. Booting into Safe Mode and pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete twice wont allow me to log in due to the fact there is some password on the built-in administrator account. This computer is a Dell Optiplex 330...
  6. Unable to remove work account that I can access no longer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove work account that I can access no longer: Hello I am currently an intern, and I interned last summer as well. I am facing issues when trying to setup my work account on my personal laptop. So basically my alias and email address is different to what I had previously and I believe that, that account has been...
  7. Unable to access admin account

Unable to access admin account: In 2016 we purchased a laptop for our daughter and she set up the admin account and the backup account. She doesn't remember the PW to the admin acct, the back up account was deleted by me for parental reasons and every single attempt I've tried to regain access to my OWN...
  8. Unable to access original Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access original Microsoft account: I am a user on Microsoft and my partner is too. She is the Administrator. On 15/12/2019. I have log on with my usual password and have been logged on with a temporary Profile. Had a box stating that some of your accounts require attention. I Pressed ‘Fix Now’. My...
  9. unable to access my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to access my account: i have changed my passward , with my new passward am unable to access Moderator edit: moved from 'Ease of access' to 'Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-my-account/7b4e44ef-cc73-4138-b6fc-2ee5cba1b340
  10. Unable to access google accounts on Windows 10

Unable to access google accounts on Windows 10: I'm having a bit of trouble. Last night I must've downloaded a bad file, because chrome started acting weird. It kept closing by itself without warning, and it was refusing to let me log into any of my accounts or email addresses. I uninstalled/reinstalled it but the problem...