Windows 10: Unable to access Windows Server 2003 network folder after updating windows 10 to version 20H2

Discus and support Unable to access Windows Server 2003 network folder after updating windows 10 to version 20H2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue here where my windows 10 was updated to version 20H2. After which, it is unable to access the network folder of Windows Server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Koh Choon How, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Unable to access Windows Server 2003 network folder after updating windows 10 to version 20H2

Hi,

I have an issue here where my windows 10 was updated to version 20H2.

After which, it is unable to access the network folder of Windows Server 2003.

I tried both hostname and IP address, \\Server and \\ServerIP without any success.

I am still using Server 2003 due to legacy software.

Is there any way where i can fix this?

Please let me know if more details is needed.

Thanks.

:)

Koh Choon How, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jan 15, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Unable to access Windows Server 2003 network folder after updating windows 10 to version 20H2

Windows 2003 SP1

Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 for Windows 2003 Server.

Something has been done on the security front:
    • Security Configuration Wizard.
      Customers can more easily reduce attack surface area with the new Security Configuration Wizard. The tool reduces the attack surface by gathering information about specific server roles, then automatically blocking all services and ports not needed to perform those roles.
    • Windows Firewall.
      Customers can increase their security with the new Windows® Firewall on the server, allowing networkwide control through Group Policy. Also released with Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Firewall serves as a host (software) firewall around each client and server computer on a customer's network.
    • Post-Setup Security Updates (PSSU).
      Servers are vulnerable during the time between their installation and application of the latest security updates. In response, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 blocks all inbound connections to the server after installation until Windows Update has delivered the latest security updates to the new computer.
    Sounds good to me.

W1zzard, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Unable to access Windows Server 2003 network folder after updating windows 10 to version 20H2

1. Unable to access Windows Server 2003 network folder after updating windows 10 to version 20H2 - Similar Threads - Unable access Server

2. Problem accessing network folders with Windows 10 2004 or 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem accessing network folders with Windows 10 2004 or 20H2: I’ve been sharing files using a password protected Synology Diskstation for over 10 years now without a problem, that is until Windows 10 2004 Feature Update was installed it’s the same with 20H2. Of my 4 PCs only one still works successfully and to achieve that I had to...
  3. Unable to update Version Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update Version Windows 10 20H2: I am having one heck of a time with Windows update. Here is the message I receive each time I try to update.Why is Windows Update showing the 0x80070422 error?windows update error 0x80070422I have tried the suggestions available on the net all with no solutions.Can you help?...
  4. after Windows 10, version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after Windows 10, version 20H2 update: This windows update made my internet connections go whacky. When I restart nothing, all internet icons have red xs Unplug computer and turn it on again and I have internet. I have tried recovery to a previous startup and undoing update to no avail....
  5. Links 2003 install on Windows 10 version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links 2003 install on Windows 10 version 20H2: I installed Links 2003 Golf but had a problem and can't remember how I solved it. Perhaps someone can refresh my memory (in case I ever have to install it again). After installing Links 2003 it would not start and i got an error message telling me that I needed to enable...
  6. Links 2003 install on Windows Version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links 2003 install on Windows Version 20H2: I installed this old version of Links 2003 Golf but had a problem and can't remember how I solved it. Perhaps someone can refresh my memory (in case I ever have to install it again). After installing Links 2003 it would not start and i got an error message telling me that I...
  7. Windows 10 version 20H2 icon network No internet access

Windows 10 version 20H2 icon network No internet access: My company has the system Proxy Forcepoint and all of the computers in my office using Windows 10 version 2004 and 20h2 and login account via Domain. I knew the bug No internet access in 2004 that fix on version 20h2. But after installing the new OS from 2004 to 20h2, the...
  8. Unable to install windows 10 update version 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install windows 10 update version 20h2: Hello Team, I am getting an error since few month when I tried to update my Windows 10 with feature 20H2. The problem still remains. After about 60% of the update process, it gets failed and Windows rolls back to its previous version. Advise me to get more insight about...
  9. windows 10 stopped accessing windows 2003 share folder after update

windows 10 stopped accessing windows 2003 share folder after update: i have one pc which is stopped accessing sharefolder having windows 2003, other windows 10 pc able to access. I have already enabeld smb1 still having problem...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server

Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop on my office LAN that can browse other Windows 10 Computers on my network, but it can't browse my Windows 2003 Server when I type in \\Servername I get an error that the server can't be found. The other Windows 10 Pro Laptops on the network...