Windows 10: Unable to access windows settings or the search bar

Discus and support Unable to access windows settings or the search bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i try to access the settings menu or use the search bar, i am unable to access either of them. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasWood7, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Unable to access windows settings or the search bar

When i try to access the settings menu or use the search bar, i am unable to access either of them. Any suggestions?

:)

ThomasWood7, Aug 27, 2020

2. Unable to access Cortana, Search box, Settings on Windows 10

Hi Darius,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to in accessing the Cortana, Search box and Settings in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue persists on Microsoft account/ local account?
    • What is the Windows troubleshooter you have deployed to resolve the issue?
    • What is the exact error code/ error message of this issue as we are unable to access the links provided?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-out from the current user account, restart the device, log-in with Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 27, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Unable to access windows settings or the search bar

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Unable to access windows settings or the search bar

1. Unable to access windows settings or the search bar - Similar Threads - Unable access settings

2. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  3. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  4. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  5. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  6. I can't access Settings and Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access Settings and Search bar: Hello Team, I am unable to access the "Settings" function as well as the "Search" tab. I also have a notification on the bottom right corner asking me to Activate my Windows which I obviously cannot do since I can't even access Settings. Kindly assist with this....
  7. unable to use search bar

unable to use search bar: Search bar does not work after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-search-bar/9cc6374a-a5fb-417d-b97d-c369b732db06
  8. Unable to type into Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to type into Search Bar: Is anybody else experiencing issues of not being able to type into search bar. I tried restarting search as well as resetting it. submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f26d6q/unable_to_type_into_search_bar/
  9. Windows Search bar and Settings

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Settings: Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-and-settings/9e208118-0b9a-4278-8af7-e6ff5c3a9185"
  10. unable to open settings from windows search bar

unable to open settings from windows search bar: Problem: i'm unable to open the setting options from the search bar (while apps works fine) , as soon as i click on it nothing append, no error message, nothing at all, should be something realted to cortana or the name of the user which was changed. Version: windows 10...