Windows 10: Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts

Discus and support Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Before anything, I've attempted all the methods I've discovered online. Booting into Safe Mode and pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete twice wont allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Inverness Corvine, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts

Before anything, I've attempted all the methods I've discovered online. Booting into Safe Mode and pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete twice wont allow me to log in due to the fact there is some password on the built-in administrator account. This computer is a Dell Optiplex 330 running XP Pro SP3. I got it from a place where im unable to contact the original owner. I can still access the desktop, but only through a guest account. Based on the Windows folder creation date, this computer is nearly 14 years old April 2008. I'm attempting to wipe the hard drive and do a clean installation of XP from a

:)

Inverness Corvine, Mar 30, 2022
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 30, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 30, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts

Unable to access apps error Cant't be open with a built in Administrator account

Hi Darrell,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Do you have any other User account on your PC?

I guess you're trying to access the apps on built in administrator account. Yes, you can't access them using built-in Administrator account. In order to access them you should use Microsoft account. Try with the below mentioned steps and check if it helps
    you.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps to fix this issue, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File >
      Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD and hit Enter key. Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt and hit Enter key:
    net user test /add

• This command will create a new user account called test.

net localgroup administrators test /add

• On executing this command makes
      test account as administrator. In simple this will give administrator privileges to test account by adding it to administrators group.

Note: In the above command line,
    test is the name of the User Profile which we're creating. You can keep any name in the place of
    test that which you think your User Profile name should be.

Now logoff from the existing User Profile. When you're on the login screen, on the left bottom corner you can see the account which we have created. Now login with that account and try to convert that account
    as Microsoft account by navigating to Start/>
    Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Sign with Microsoft account Instead.
    If you have Microsoft account try to use that by entering the credentials or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

Once you done with this, now check if you're able to access the app there.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Pavan_N, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts

1. Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts - Similar Threads - Unable access Administrator

2. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access administrative profile.: Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program...
  3. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access administrative profile.: Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program...
  4. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts

Unable to access Windows XP Administrator accounts: Before anything, I've attempted all the methods I've discovered online. Booting into Safe Mode and pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete twice wont allow me to log in due to the fact there is some password on the built-in administrator account. This computer is a Dell Optiplex 330...
  6. Administrator Account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account access: So i recently purchased a used Dell laptop from an individual, they did not remove the administrator account or give me the password to it. i have access to one of the guest accounts but cannot even change the name on the guest account because i dont have administrator...
  7. Administrator Account access

Administrator Account access: So i recently purchased a used Dell laptop from an individual, they did not remove the administrator account or give me the password to it. i have access to one of the guest accounts but cannot even change the name on the guest account because i dont have administrator...
  8. Administrator Account access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Administrator Account Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Access: Windows recently updated on my laptop, and since that update i am unable to access my administrator account. It keeps saying the the password/pin is wrong. I have used the same pin and have not changed it. Also, the other accounts that have access can not connect to the...
  10. Administrator account access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account access: Do not have administrator account access and cannot make changes to settings without it. Keep getting access denied message. How do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-account-access/5b2f8c06-8958-4e25-a880-b3a742b65da2