Windows 10: unable to access word files

Discus and support unable to access word files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I turned on the comp this a.m. and clicked on a saved word doc and I got this message. Tried other docs but anything in word I try to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lffoar, Jun 10, 2020.

1. lffoar Win User

unable to access word files

Hi all,
    I turned on the comp this a.m. and clicked on a saved word doc and I got this message. Tried other docs but anything in word I try to open comes up with the same. Any ideas guys?
    Win version 1909
    Office 2013

:)

lffoar, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc.

To avoid your having to cope with parallel replies I'd also suggest going to Unable to access a URL copied to a and deleting that accidental copy of your thread.

Denis

3. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 10, 2020
  4. unable to access word files

Unable to access files, folders and other drivers, error: Working on it

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access files and folders in Windows Explorer, this issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to Run SFC scan and check if you are able to access Files and folders.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

unable to access word files

1. unable to access word files - Similar Threads - unable access word

2. Word file-Date accessed and viewed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word file-Date accessed and viewed: Can you tell me if there’s a way of viewing a log of when a word document has been opened and viewed? I know you can tell modification dates, but I am unsure if there is a way of viewing a log of date viewed/accessed or if you can just see that last date in which is was...
  3. Unable to access Word or PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Word or PowerPoint: Hi, I keep being unable to open PowerPoint or Word as this message comes up, is there a way of fixing this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-word-or-powerpoint/db644509-a5d7-4e63-af39-4dcf38c8cda8
  4. Unable to access Word or PowerPoint

Unable to access Word or PowerPoint: Hi, I keep being unable to open PowerPoint or Word as this message comes up, is there a way of fixing this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-word-or-powerpoint/db644509-a5d7-4e63-af39-4dcf38c8cda8
  5. Unable to access word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access word: I am unable to log onto my account on Word. I know my log in details are correct, as I can log onto my account on the Microsoft website, but every time I try to log in via word I am getting a message to say that the 'authentication session has expired - please log in again'....
  6. Unable to access word

Unable to access word: I am unable to log onto my account on Word. I know my log in details are correct, as I can log onto my account on the Microsoft website, but every time I try to log in via word I am getting a message to say that the 'authentication session has expired - please log in again'....
  7. unable to access files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to access files: I am getting the error 0xc000007b when trying to load up various applications. I have done some research on the topic and ended up on one last thing I could try to do to fix it. I downloaded files that should be in the sysWOW64 folder because I would need to replace them....
  8. unable to access word files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    unable to access word files: Hi all, I turned on the comp this a.m. and clicked on a saved word doc and I got this message. Tried other docs but anything in word I try to open comes up with the same. Any ideas guys? Win version 1909 Office 2013 158189
  9. Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to access a URL copied to a Word doc.: Word 2013.Firefox.Windows 10 home. I have started to get the message “Yours organisation’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. Please contact your help desk” when I control click a URL copied to a Word doc.I have the latest edition of Firefox. If I...
  10. unable to access files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to access files: i used bitlocker to encrypt usb drive and after updating windows to 10 can't open those files anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-files/a2b6ce15-31a4-402d-9f54-f0ac6d63276b"