Windows 10: Unable to activate $140 W10 Home pics for proof

Discus and support Unable to activate $140 W10 Home pics for proof in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Apparently Amazon , not third party Amazon is peddling bogus license keys. And on top of that it's claiming it's been bought twice, yet only reflects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sshort4288, May 31, 2021.

1. Unable to activate $140 W10 Home pics for proof

Apparently Amazon , not third party Amazon is peddling bogus license keys. And on top of that it's claiming it's been bought twice, yet only reflects the single purchase with the one key which fails to activate btw, shocker..Am going to call now but ****. I intentionally made sure it was sold and handled by Amazon , not third party. It's not a YouTuber recommended $20 activation key. I mean christ they even gave me a key in the same formatXxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxSorry if that's the wrong amount of X's but u get the point. The other odd thing is windows had me go through the whole process

:)

sshort4288, May 31, 2021
  2. jmcslob Win User

Unable to Activate Win 8

I was about to suggest run CMD as Admin and then do a "slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" activation...does anyone know if that works with win8?

jmcslob, May 31, 2021
  3. Ubersonic Win User
    W10 activation and motherboard failure.

Hey, wasn't sure what section to put this in.

Motherboard died yesterday, managed to source a replacement but I believe I am correct in thinking that once I swap the board W10 will deactivate itself and demand I buy a new copy?

If so, would I be able to get around this by booting the system with a spare HDD, installing W7/8, upgrading to W10, then connecting the original drive (so the MB has been used/activated with W10)?

Thanks.

Ubersonic, May 31, 2021
  4. mngerhold Win User

Unable to activate $140 W10 Home pics for proof

Unable to delete folder, see pic

Have you rt-clicked on the Pictures folder and selected 'properties' (sorry, I forgot the select bit last time)? When you do, you will see a little 'box' with a list of the folders 'in' the library. Two of them should be your broken ones. Remove them from the library using the 'remove' button, like so:
    before:
    Unable to activate 0 W10 Home pics for proof [​IMG]
    after:
    Unable to activate 0 W10 Home pics for proof [​IMG]

You could wonder where the offending folders have gone, but that's another issue!

mngerhold, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Unable to activate $140 W10 Home pics for proof

1. Unable to activate $140 W10 Home pics for proof - Similar Threads - Unable activate $140

2. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  3. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  4. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home: Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to Windows 10 Home because it says my license is only valid for home, but I am stuck in pro and it gives me trouble when attempting...
  6. Activating W10 Pro with a digital license on a W10 Home embedded device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activating W10 Pro with a digital license on a W10 Home embedded device: I have a mini desktop PC that I would like to re-purpose for display use at work. To sign in with a work account, I needed to have Win 10 Pro installed, so I used the generic upgrade key from Microsoft to force installation of Windows 10 Pro on the device which originally has...
  7. Toddler proofing W10 (not a parental controls question)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toddler proofing W10 (not a parental controls question): My three youngest are an absolute menace when it comes to our PCs. Two laptops and a desktop are in the living room, gaming rig and other notebook kept behind locked door. I have searched every possible combination of words as to how to toddler proof a PC. My icons from...
  8. Unable to activate W10

Unable to activate W10: So, after power failure the box does not come up. After some checking it seems that motherboard is shot and the boot SSD disk is empty(!). Bought new motherboard and M.2 disk and installed win 10 pro. I enter my old product key but get error 0x803fa067 ("We can't activate...
  9. have to activate windows again (have proof)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    have to activate windows again (have proof): so I recently reset my bios (by removing the cmos battery) and now windows says I have to activate again some time ago I posted some feed back to the feedback hub where it is visible that I have already activated, though I can't seem to access that I already tried the...
  10. Problem opening jpeg pics in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem opening jpeg pics in W10: Hi After reloading W10 due to it being unable to restore any points I then installed the huge Creative update after being told this would fix it which I believe the Autumn update caused the facility to restore defunct. Now I can't open any jpeg picture just by...