Windows 10: Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade

Discus and support Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded my motherboard and in the process must have forgot to link my microsoft account to my copy of windows 10 pro retail from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KeinoT, Nov 28, 2019.

1. KeinoT Win User

Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade

Hello,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and in the process must have forgot to link my microsoft account to my copy of windows 10 pro retail from a windows 7 pro upgrade. When I tried to use my old hardware, windows 10 still detected changes and I cannot reactivate.

I no longer can find the old windows 7 pro key, does this mean I'll have to repurchase windows?

Currently have recreated my computer pre-hardware upgrade on a makeshift test bench in case that will help.

:)

KeinoT, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Smitty3PM Win User

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Unable to activate Windows after hardware upgrade

After upgrading motherboard, video card and memory, Windows is now "deactivated".

Error code is: 0x803F7001

Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade 2c144517-03cc-46cc-84fe-6fec5162ea52.png

I tried using Troubleshoot. It says: We weren't able to activate Windows on this device.

I clicked the "I changed hardware on this device recently". I get a list of device which lists my device name.

Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade e1c07fac-535d-4762-a628-39e33fcfad0d.png

I select it. Click Activate, and it says: Unable to activate Windows.

What else can i try/do?

ChristianBeauchesne, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade

Windows 10 wont "Activate" after hardware upgrade

Hi, fcp4life,

Follow the steps listed in this Support Doc.

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard), Windows 10 might no longer be activated and you might see the activation error codes 0x803f7001 or 0xC004C008.

If your Original Hardware Manufacturer (OEM) changed the motherboard for you, your PC should reactivate automatically or you should be provided with a replacement product key. If you see the Activation error “Unable to reach Windows activation servers,” then
    follow the steps in this additional help article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/...

Smittychat., Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade

1. Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade - Similar Threads - Unable Activate Hardware

2. Unable to Activate after Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate after Hardware Change: Hello.Previously, I was running Windows 11 Enterprise my company had purchased Windows 10 Enterprise for me and I took the normal upgrade path when Win 11 was available.Yesterday, I had to replace the motherboard and reinstall Windows.After installing Windows 11 Enterprise...
  3. Unable to Activate after Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Activate after Hardware Change: Hello.Previously, I was running Windows 11 Enterprise my company had purchased Windows 10 Enterprise for me and I took the normal upgrade path when Win 11 was available.Yesterday, I had to replace the motherboard and reinstall Windows.After installing Windows 11 Enterprise...
  4. Windows Activation after Hardware Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation after Hardware Upgrade: Hello, so I had recently gotten some new parts for my PC Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Case but I'm still using the HDD and SSD I had in my old pc beforehand. When I booted up the new PC and waited a bit I noticed the "Activate Windows" in the bottom corner so I went to check...
  5. Activating after hardware upgrade

Activating after hardware upgrade: I know NOW that i should have linked my license to my Microsoft account and gotten a product key. I didn't know that before I changed my motherboard, cpu and memory. My question is, if I now change back to my old hardware, will Windows be activated again and can I then do...
  6. Windows will not activate after hardware upgrades

Windows will not activate after hardware upgrades: I recently upgraded the hardware in my computer (motherboard, CPU, RAM). Windows will not activate now. The error code I have is, 0xC004F025 I've tried everything from this KBA, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change It...
  7. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my MB, cpu and ram and am unable to activate windows 10. I linked my windows licence to my Microsoft account before my upgrade but it will not let me activate. I've tried trouble shooting activation (clicking on changed hardware) and customer support, but they...
  8. Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade

Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade: I bought Windows 8 in 2013 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I no longer have access to my original Windows 8 product key. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. when I tried to activate windows 10 it gives me an error code: 0x803F7001. My Windows 10 was linked...
  9. Windows Activation after hardware upgrade

Windows Activation after hardware upgrade: We have a laptop Manufacturer: LENOVO Model: 20C600HHZA Serial Number: PF040HX3 that currently running Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. We need to replace the harddrive, is it possible to activate it again on...
  10. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after upgrading ram unable to see the upgrade