Windows 10: Unable to Activate after major upgrade.

Discus and support Unable to Activate after major upgrade. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My PC has undergone a major upgrade, before I started, I confirmed my copy was associated with my Account, now, however I am not able to activate it, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JamesSmithZD, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Unable to Activate after major upgrade.

My PC has undergone a major upgrade, before I started, I confirmed my copy was associated with my Account, now, however I am not able to activate it, I have a digital license Key. I have attempted adding an account, as per, https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change, but there is no facility on the activation page. Please help.

Jim

:)

JamesSmithZD, Nov 27, 2018
  2. jmcslob Win User

Unable to Activate Win 8

I was about to suggest run CMD as Admin and then do a "slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" activation...does anyone know if that works with win8?

jmcslob, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Unable to Activate after major upgrade.

Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Activate after major upgrade.

1. Unable to Activate after major upgrade. - Similar Threads - Unable Activate major

2. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...
  3. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...
  4. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Activation Errors After Major upgrades

Windows Activation Errors After Major upgrades: Hello, I am A Windows user for a very long time. I decided to upgrade my pc's motherboard, ram and storage. But when i did that my windows got deactivated Even though i linked my lisense to my account before clean installing windows. When I logged in with my account it is not...
  6. Major hardware upgrade. Cannot activate Windows 10.

Major hardware upgrade. Cannot activate Windows 10.: Hello, Just did a major hardware upgrade on my pc, but I'm unable to activate Windows 10. I did the free Windows 10 upgrade back in the day - my Windows 8 copy was a digital purchase I have the license. I do not remember receiving a license for the free Windows 10 upgrade...
  7. Major disaster after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major disaster after Windows 10 Upgrade: Here is what happened. I just upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Pro to 10 today, keeping all my pre-installed applications. Very long process probably because it wasn't an install on a virgin drive, but an upgrade to 10, but it worked. Then I tried to run Outlook 2010, and...
  8. Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade

Unable To Activate After Hardware Upgrade: Hello, I recently upgraded my motherboard and in the process must have forgot to link my microsoft account to my copy of windows 10 pro retail from a windows 7 pro upgrade. When I tried to use my old hardware, windows 10 still detected changes and I cannot reactivate. I no...
  9. Unable to activate windows 10 pro after major hardware change!

Unable to activate windows 10 pro after major hardware change!: Hello, Just upgraded my entire PC from I7 1st generation to Ryzen 2700X Before the upgrade, I linked my windows 10 to my email account. After the upgrade, I logged in the my email account and the windows info state that my product is not activated so I troubleshoot the...
  10. Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade: Hi, I have earlier upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10pro for free, so I have a digital lisence. Windows version is 1809. I made a major upgrade (motherboard, CPU, memory & graphics adapter), but kept hard drive & Windows untouched. Activation error code is 0xC004C003....