Windows 10: Unable to activate BitLocker

Discus and support Unable to activate BitLocker in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run into this problem. I deactivated BitLocker to upgrade the bios on my notebook in order to fix a bug. Now my computer works fine, but I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nico_02, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Nico_02 Win User

Unable to activate BitLocker

I run into this problem.

I deactivated BitLocker to upgrade the bios on my notebook in order to fix a bug. Now my computer works fine, but I can't reactivate BitLocker. I can't copy the error but it said something about a missing TMP compatible I've no idea what that is.

I would like to know:

Are there any problem if I leave it like this?

If it is important, how can I solve it?

:)

Nico_02, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Apr 21, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to activate BitLocker - Similar Threads - Unable activate BitLocker

2. UNABLE TO TURN ON BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO TURN ON BITLOCKER: I am trying to encrpt my al drive again and when i am searching a option of bitlocker encyption was not found and then i am goto Setting>>storage>>Disks & volume and try to turn on bitlocker it shows"Failed to open the Bitlocker control panel tool.error code 0x80004005"...
  3. Unable to enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  4. Unable to enable BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  5. Unable to Disable bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Disable bitlocker: I have purchased a new Samsung galaxy book pro 2 Brand new no previous owners. When plugging in external drive it prompts me to enter a 48 digit pin. Now i have access to the pin, the issue is that i cant disable bit locker i have tried through the cmd prompt and through...
  6. Unable to Disable bitlocker

Unable to Disable bitlocker: I have purchased a new Samsung galaxy book pro 2 Brand new no previous owners. When plugging in external drive it prompts me to enter a 48 digit pin. Now i have access to the pin, the issue is that i cant disable bit locker i have tried through the cmd prompt and through...
  7. Unable to open bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open bitlocker: Hi Team, May please help on bit-locker.Unable to find the key of bit-locker as this the initial mailed which was used to setup the ms-office is not known.I am stuck badly as I have no access to the mail id which was used to setup the laptop.Not able to format the drive as my...
  8. Unable to open bitlocker

Unable to open bitlocker: Hi Team, May please help on bit-locker.Unable to find the key of bit-locker as this the initial mailed which was used to setup the ms-office is not known.I am stuck badly as I have no access to the mail id which was used to setup the laptop.Not able to format the drive as my...
  9. BitLocker is activated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker is activated: My laptop demand a Bit Locker key. The issue is I has never set up Bitlocker on my devices. I saw this issue after the last Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-is-activated/8395d0c1-16a8-4e9d-9f5f-d2da48d277ff
  10. Unable to start bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to start bitlocker: Background Due to the deleting bug, I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer. I had it before with Bitlocker but now I cannot enable it at all. After reinstallation, I installed Linux in a separate drive and dual boot works fine (it was also working fine before...