Windows 10: Unable to activate built-in mic/video camera on my Lenovo PC

Discus and support Unable to activate built-in mic/video camera on my Lenovo PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I activate the built-in mic/video cam on my Lenovo PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarryHudson3, May 21, 2020.

1. Unable to activate built-in mic/video camera on my Lenovo PC

How do I activate the built-in mic/video cam on my Lenovo PC?

:)

BarryHudson3, May 21, 2020

2. Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

Hello,

The phone only uses the built-in mic when recording videos on the Camera app. If you want to use an external mic when recording videos, it is best that you send this suggestion through Feedback Hub so our developers can work on it. To send a feedback on
    your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) at the top right side.
    4. Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    5. Select the right category and then submit.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, May 22, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, May 22, 2020
  4. ElpenorG Win User

Unable to activate built-in mic/video camera on my Lenovo PC

Camera and microphone

I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record.

I did the settings/privacy/microphone suggestion to no avail. I tried to get Cortana to turn on the mic but she cannot hear me. I did the steps to turn her on but she still can't hear me. Suggestions? thanks

ElpenorG, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to activate built-in mic/video camera on my Lenovo PC

1. Unable to activate built-in mic/video camera on my Lenovo PC - Similar Threads - Unable activate built

2. In built camera on the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In built camera on the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 is not working: The led indicator near the camera blinks occasionally.The hardware details are not listed in the device manager.Windows camera app showing 'No Cameras Are Attached'No, Not the privacy slider, F+ keys issuesinstalled and uninstalled the drivers many timesNo camera is listed...
  3. In built camera on the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In built camera on the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 is not working: The led indicator near the camera blinks occasionally.The hardware details are not listed in the device manager.Windows camera app showing 'No Cameras Are Attached'No, Not the privacy slider, F+ keys issuesinstalled and uninstalled the drivers many timesNo camera is listed...
  4. My EGL built-in camera and mic isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My EGL built-in camera and mic isn't working: ELG laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-egl-built-in-camera-and-mic-isnt-working/b56c4cd2-b4b9-456f-beed-ce3015df7cc7
  5. My EGL built-in camera and mic isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My EGL built-in camera and mic isn't working: ELG laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-egl-built-in-camera-and-mic-isnt-working/b56c4cd2-b4b9-456f-beed-ce3015df7cc7
  6. Built-in camera in Lenovo laptop crashes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in camera in Lenovo laptop crashes Windows 11: I had a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 10 for a year now.I've been using the camera for video calls every day. Then suddenly last week I started to experience crashes when using the camera.Specifically - I would be able to log in to the computer after reboot using Hello, but...
  7. Camera on Lenovo PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera on Lenovo PC: Why has camera suddenly stopped working on Lenovo PC ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-on-lenovo-pc/74ede50e-7fac-4663-ae0d-996fa3d208e3
  8. The built-in camera for my Lenovo Yoga 720 is not working. There is no camera under "device...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The built-in camera for my Lenovo Yoga 720 is not working. There is no camera under "device...: This is what it shows when I try to open my camera app. I am on windows 10. https://imgur.com/a/Ep1lIa1 This is my device manager and there is no camera option anywhere https://imgur.com/tLrCLD1 I have tried to check for “camera privacy setting” and it is on, I tried the...
  9. built in web camera and mic not working

built in web camera and mic not working: I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-C5379 laptop running Windows 10. It had Windows 10 when I bought it new. My built-in camera and mic have stopped working. They had worked not too long ago. I don't remember exactly, but I would say about 6 months. Can anyone help me fix this?...
  10. Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video

Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video: My built-in webcam/camera was working fine last week when I used it last. When I went to use it today, it would take pictures but not video which is what I need. Some solutions had to do with finding the camera on the control panel and device manager, but I couldn't find it...