Windows 10: Unable to activate High/Ultra Performance power modes on a laptop

Discus and support Unable to activate High/Ultra Performance power modes on a laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Asus UX430UNR and am unable to get anything other than the balanced power option in my settings. There is no tab to show additional power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/doastey, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Unable to activate High/Ultra Performance power modes on a laptop

I have an Asus UX430UNR and am unable to get anything other than the balanced power option in my settings. There is no tab to show additional power plans, and when I go to create a new plan there is no high performance option, only balanced.

I have used the command lines found online to add them but they still aren't appearing, and even going through regedit to access "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power"
    and attempting to change the CsEnabled key value to 0 doesn't work as like many others, I don't have the CsEnabled option there at all.

Has this gone straight over my head because the bar slider when clicking the battery icon in the taskbar happens to do the same thing? Is 'best performance' the same as high/ultimate performance?

Few pics of the issues

https://imgur.com/gallery/GRYUXnt

Any help would be appreciated Unable to activate High/Ultra Performance power modes on a laptop :)

submitted by /u/doastey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/doastey, Nov 11, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

High performance power mode

Hi Lexxye,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about High-performance power mode.

It is safe to use High-Performance mode on Windows 10. High-performance mode means that Windows 10 will optimize your computer to perform better but will use more energy. It doesn't mean that it will overwork your computer that will cause damage to your computer.
    The only thing that you would have to worry about High-performance is that it requires more energy which means that it will drain your battery faster if you are using a laptop and you are not connected to the AC power.

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Nov 11, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Unable to activate High/Ultra Performance power modes on a laptop

Ultra performance mode how it works

How ultra performance mode works in Windows 10 pro

. Which type of effect apply after selecting ultra performance mode in Windows 10 pro

navnishrana, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to activate High/Ultra Performance power modes on a laptop

1. Unable to activate High/Ultra Performance power modes on a laptop - Similar Threads - Unable activate High

2. What happened when I choose the power mode is "High" or "Ultra" Performance for Battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened when I choose the power mode is "High" or "Ultra" Performance for Battery...: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about selecting the power mode for battery usage. If I choose the power mode is "High Performance" or "Ultra Performance", maybe the age for battery is decreased or is it hot? And should I select "High" or "Ultra" performance?...
  3. What happened when I choose the power mode is "High" or "Ultra" Performance for Battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened when I choose the power mode is "High" or "Ultra" Performance for Battery...: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about selecting the power mode for battery usage. If I choose the power mode is "High Performance" or "Ultra Performance", maybe the age for battery is decreased or is it hot? And should I select "High" or "Ultra" performance?...
  4. Ultra/High performance save power when I am not use the PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultra/High performance save power when I am not use the PC?: I know it can be one silly question, but I'm curious to know if these power options don't continue to consume power when I am not using, I know it will consume a certain energy, because the PC will shut down if it doesn't have enough energy, although I don't know exactly how...
  5. Ultra/High performance save power when I am not use the PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ultra/High performance save power when I am not use the PC?: I know it can be one silly question, but I'm curious to know if these power options don't continue to consume power when I am not using, I know it will consume a certain energy, because the PC will shut down if it doesn't have enough energy, although I don't know exactly how...
  6. No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.: When I open power options in my Dell laptop, there is just one power plan that is Balanced mode.There is no alternative modes like High performance, etcI have tried all those cmd commands to add them but they don't work.Below I have attached the pic of power plans in my...
  7. No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.: When I open power options in my Dell laptop, there is just one power plan that is Balanced mode.There is no alternative modes like High performance, etcI have tried all those cmd commands to add them but they don't work.Below I have attached the pic of power plans in my...
  8. Ultra Performance Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ultra Performance Mode: I had to reinstall Windows to put it on my NVME. Before when it was on my SSD, I had the option for Ultra Performance Mode for the power options. Now with windows reinstalled and etc. The option is no longer there. All I see is Balanced, High and Power Saver. How come? Where...
  9. High performance power mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    High performance power mode: Hey so I want to use the high performance mode but I have some insecurities about it I'm kinda scared to use it since I don't wanna damage my pc does it affect the pc in any kind of way Specs i7 8700 3.20 ghz 16 ram ddr4 rtx 2060 6 gb motherboard : Gigabyte H310M H...
  10. Ultra performance mode how it works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ultra performance mode how it works: How ultra performance mode works in Windows 10 pro . Which type of effect apply after selecting ultra performance mode in Windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ultra-performance-mode-how-it-works/79adbf76-4eb1-4fcc-9cbf-8365b46641de