Windows 10: Unable to Activate Microsoft product

Discus and support Unable to Activate Microsoft product in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I am unable to activate my Windows XP Desktop productInstallation ID not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vivek Vijaya kumar, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Unable to Activate Microsoft product

Hi,I am unable to activate my Windows XP Desktop productInstallation ID not working ID323816-916153-044523-243032-028800-953632-314611-343675-480010kindly provide me the Digital ID number A B C D E F G email - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Vivek Vijaya kumar, Feb 7, 2023

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Microsoft Activation

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How did you install Windows 10 before performing the Reset?
    2. Which edition of Windows are you trying to activate?

Step 1: Check the Status of the Windows Activation

1. Open the Run command (Windows Key + R Key)
    2. Type in ‘Control system’ and hit ‘Enter’.
    3. Check the status.
    4. Let us if you see ‘Windows is activated’ on System Properties Window.

If the Windows is not activated, try to activate with the product key.

Windows product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows

Step 2: Activate with the Windows 10 product key

1. Open the run command (Windows key + R Key)
    2. Type in “Slui 3” and click on ‘Activate’ and then check the status of issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Unable to Activate Microsoft product

Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Unable to Activate Microsoft product

1. Unable to Activate Microsoft product - Similar Threads - Unable Activate Microsoft

2. Unable to Activate Microsoft product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate Microsoft product: Hi,I am unable to activate my Windows XP Desktop productInstallation ID not working ID323816-916153-044523-243032-028800-953632-314611-343675-480010kindly provide me the Digital ID number A B C D E F G email - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Product activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product activation: dear SirI have a purchased widows 10 activation key, i am trying to activate a running window with no success. i tried to get help with no sucess since my country phone number can not be added Your support will be highly appreciated Regards...
  4. Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family: Hello, I have been attempting to purchase a video game because I don't have permission to buy the product because I need permission from an adult family member. I am 18 years old and I never set up a Microsoft "family." I have been trying to figure out how to futz around with...
  5. Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Purchase a Product due to Microsoft Family: Hello, I have been attempting to purchase a video game because I don't have permission to buy the product because I need permission from an adult family member. I am 18 years old and I never set up a Microsoft "family." I have been trying to figure out how to futz around with...
  6. product activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product activation: I bought my pc with pre-installed windows and now I am being ask to activate windows......how can I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-activation/86a4e763-15b8-40e9-9d87-2b6cfee47e17
  7. Product activation

Product activation: i replaced my laptop hard disk and installed windows 10, while installation not asked for product key and after 2 weeks its asking for product key. i was using the original product but i forgot to backup or note down the product key. please help me to find out the product...
  8. Unable to activate microsoft 365

Unable to activate microsoft 365: Please note I have purchase a one month subscription for microsoft 365 and I think I have installed it and cannot activate it. . Please note that I already have office for home and business 2016 installed into my current PC already. when I check my account for words, it...
  9. unable to activate product key

unable to activate product key: Hi Team, I'm unable to remind the product key after reinstalling the hardware. I have product ID with me, could I activate the my windows 10 with product ID. thanks, surya...
  10. product activation

product activation: I bought office 2016 professional from my old work for a discounted price. I was then made redundant and left the company. However since trying to install this I have had repeated problems saying that product activation has failed. I seem to have lost my product key as I...