Windows 10: unable to activate product key

Discus and support unable to activate product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Team, I'm unable to remind the product key after reinstalling the hardware. I have product ID with me, could I activate the my windows 10 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SURYARAO2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. SURYARAO2 Win User

unable to activate product key

Hi Team,

I'm unable to remind the product key after reinstalling the hardware. I have product ID with me, could I activate the my windows 10 with product ID.

thanks,

surya

:)

SURYARAO2, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. unable to activate product key - Similar Threads - unable activate product

2. Product key/ Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key/ Activation Key: How do I get my windows 10 product key In MacBook Pro using boot camp installation software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-activation-key/08bea70a-4d63-4b2e-afca-2f7cc74e99d4
  3. Product key/ Activation Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key/ Activation Key: How do I get my windows 10 product key In MacBook Pro using boot camp installation software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-activation-key/08bea70a-4d63-4b2e-afca-2f7cc74e99d4
  4. Product key/ Activation Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key and activation key

Product key and activation key: What is difference or similarity between Product key and activation keyI have two laptops pre loaded with windows 8.1 and windows 10how can i find Product key and activation key of both laptop?...
  6. product key activation

product key activation: how do i activate my product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-activation/10f3253c-3099-425f-8c2c-455846982be6"
  7. Product key activation

Product key activation: Trying to move a product key from a broken laptop to another laptop windows 10. It says the key cant be used. Ive used the deactivate command in old laptop. What should I do to get it working?...
  8. product key activation

product key activation: hello, I need help ASAP. our company has purchased, 2 months ago, 2 computers. we installed win10 in both pcs. now, it looks like the recently acquired pcs are not performing well. we want to replace them. the question is, how will I reuse the same product key license on...
  9. Activation and Product Key

Activation and Product Key: I am trying to activate my windows 10 pro key, after doing a clean install today. It reset me back to home and I wish to upgrade back to pro. This is the error im getting. And i am positive my key works, as i have used it before. I tried to call support, but at this time of...
  10. activation key or product key

activation key or product key: i updated my window and few month later i am asked to input my product key which i dont know or i dont have. pls can you help me with that.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key-or-product-key/3598f686-ff5c-4fe6-8ddf-e77dfa6941af"