Windows 10: Unable to Activate Spatial Audio

Discus and support Unable to Activate Spatial Audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to activate the DTS Headphone:X Spatial Audio that I downloaded and licensed for my Logitech GProX Headset. When I right-click the sound icon,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukeSchmidt, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Unable to Activate Spatial Audio

I want to activate the DTS Headphone:X Spatial Audio that I downloaded and licensed for my Logitech GProX Headset.

When I right-click the sound icon, go to spatial audio, and try to turn ANY spatial audio on, it just glitches and remains "off" and then all the spatial audios either disappear or gray out. When I click "off" they come back but then the same thing happens when I try to turn them on.

When I go to my device settings and try to apply spatial audio, it says "something went wrong while trying to turn on spatial sound".

I have checked the drivers for my headset as well as ran the troubleshooter multiple times and nothing seems to work. On a completely unrelated but equally irritating note... ever since my Windows 10 updated I cannot run Google Chrome. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times but it seems like the update will not let me install and use it.

I need help :

:)

LukeSchmidt, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

spatial sound

Hi,

Windows Sonic is Microsoft’s audio platform for more immersive audio. It includes integrated spatial sound on Windows, with support for both surround and elevation audio cues.

We would like to more about your issue:

• Were there changes made on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to you prompt response.

Jose Est, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Adrian3B Win User
    Spatial audio

For some reason whenever I try to turn on spatial audio, it just doesn't work. I use a steelseries 7 wireless headset and spatial audio worked on my console with no problem but now that u have upgraded to a pc, it just does not work for some reason. I've
    tried installing latest drivers, updating windows, and uninstalling and reinstalling the audio device, non of it helped.

Adrian3B, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Unable to Activate Spatial Audio

Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Activate Spatial Audio

1. Unable to Activate Spatial Audio - Similar Threads - Unable Activate Spatial

2. Spatial audio is not working in 22H2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spatial audio is not working in 22H2.: Spatial audio Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos for Headphones does not work correctly in Windows 11 22H2 for many games, but it does work in 21H2. I'm currently running 21H2, and when I enable spatial audio Dolby, in the Xbox game bar Win + G it shows that "Dolby Atmos for...
  3. Spatial Audio Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial Audio Error: Hey Everyone,I just bought the new Steelseries Arctic nova pro headset so I can get spatial 3D audio but it will not work I have watched a bunch of youtube videos and did a lot of research trying to figure out the issue but nothing has worked.I play and use this headset on my...
  4. Spatial Audio Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spatial Audio Error: Hey Everyone,I just bought the new Steelseries Arctic nova pro headset so I can get spatial 3D audio but it will not work I have watched a bunch of youtube videos and did a lot of research trying to figure out the issue but nothing has worked.I play and use this headset on my...
  5. Unable to turn on spatial sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on spatial sound.: I have an LG C9 OLED Tv which i am using as monitor for my PC. My OLED TV supports Dolby Vision and Atmos. However to enable dolby atmos i am unable to turn on spatial sound and select dolby atmos for home theatre. Here are my Windows info : Edition Windows 10 Pro Version...
  6. Spatial Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spatial Audio: I can't seem to get spatial audio on my headphones, and it is being registered as speakers. I have Blue yeti Nano Microphone, and my headphones, which are Arctic 3 SteelSeries wired....
  7. Spatial audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial audio: For some reason whenever I try to turn on spatial audio, it just doesn't work. I use a steelseries 7 wireless headset and spatial audio worked on my console with no problem but now that u have upgraded to a pc, it just does not work for some reason. I've tried installing...
  8. Spatial Audio in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial Audio in Windows 10: I have been using the trail version of Dolby Atmos in Windows 10 for 7 days and I really liked it. Now that the trail is over I was thinking if there is a free 5.1 or 7.1 virtual sound that you guys are aware of. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/KrishnaKA2810 [link]...
  9. Spatial Audio not working! Bruh

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Audio not working! Bruh: My computer's spatial audio hasn't been working across multiple pairs of headphones recently. In the settings, it oddly switches automatically to off when I change the setting in the drop bar. Here is a gyazo gif I took displaying my issue. Thanks for the help!...
  10. Spatial audio issue with Blutetooth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial audio issue with Blutetooth?: Is it me or when trying to enable Dolby under the spatial audio portion of the sound control panel for my Bluetooth headphones windows locks up for a solid couple of minutes or two trying to change the setting? Is this common? Note when trying to change it for my Realtek...