Windows 10: Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed

Discus and support Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently installed Win10 Pro on a new SSD for my old Desktop that was running Win7. I'm asked to activate but nothing works. I entered the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SDesroch, May 11, 2020.

1. SDesroch Win User

Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed

Hi, I recently installed Win10 Pro on a new SSD for my old Desktop that was running Win7. I'm asked to activate but nothing works. I entered the activation key provided, tried the troubleshoot with no effect ending with error code : 0xC004C060.

I see my desktop in my Microsoft account.

Any idea on how I should proceed…?

Regards!

:)

SDesroch, May 11, 2020

2. Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, May 11, 2020
  3. Aubs Win User
    Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro

Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed [​IMG]

Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed [​IMG]

Ok so it took 2 days to reject the MSDN key this time. Note that this is a recent install of win10 from scratch (not upgraded), but ive already used one of the dodgy ebay keys on it which was rejected.

4. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to activate win10 Pro recently installed - Similar Threads - Unable activate win10

2. Unable to install recent Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install recent Update.: I have tried to Install 2202-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based System. The Update is KB5019959. I get error 0x800f0831. I have run the Update Troubleshooter twice. I have re-started my computer and searched for new updates. At the end of the...
  3. Unable to Install Fidelity Active Trader Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Fidelity Active Trader Pro: After contacting Fidelity and troubleshooting all of their solutions, I am still unable to install their software on my Windows 10 system. When running setup.exe, I get the following error: An error occurred attempting to install Active TraderProInstaller An error...
  4. Win10 Pro Installed but not activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro Installed but not activated.: I just built a new PC with my dad. I installed windows using the USB. I entered the product key and it installed windows. But when I was going to change some personalization windows was not activated but I have windows 10 Pro. So how is this possible. Today I just got a...
  5. Win10 Pro Activation

Win10 Pro Activation: I purchased a computer with Win10 Home, then purchased Win10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, It failed on the install for some reason, I then put my Win10 key back in. After an windows update, it somehow upgraded to Win10 Pro but is not activated. I cannot find my...
  6. Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade

Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade: I needed the extra functionality of Win10 Pro, so I went into Settings -> Updates & Security -> Activation and followed the upgrade steps. The Microsoft Store successfully charged my credit card for the update as expected. It installed, and I now have the extra features......
  7. UNABLE TO INSTALL WIN10

UNABLE TO INSTALL WIN10: I have a Windows 10 Pro Full Version 64 Bit Disc that I cannot access for upgrading my WIN7. I have tried a boot from the DVD, a boot from the Start Menu and from the drive in My Computer and I get nothing but the disc just seems to spin, start, stop in random order as if it...
  8. Win10 Pro upgrade-recent Cumulative received Activation Warning 0xc004F050

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 Pro upgrade-recent Cumulative received Activation Warning 0xc004F050: I have 3 optiplex Dell, Mfg 2013, with refurb Win 7 pro. Recently took the plunge to Win 10, all seems OK, all accepted, but when the Cumullative installs from Win10 Pro began, i received an Error on activation...Warning 0xc004F050, I do have the Keys in print, but are now...
  9. WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home: The Activation Wizard tells me I have a Windows Pro but I am unable to achieve change to Windows Home. I have tried at least ten times but always finish as Windows Pro. The Activation Program has also advised that I have an electric product key. I don't know how to find it....
  10. Will Win8.1 Pro activation code work on Win10 Pro clean install?

Will Win8.1 Pro activation code work on Win10 Pro clean install?: Hello, Like the title says, will it be possible? If yes, it makes sense. If no, how users who upgrade from 8.1 supposed to clean install Win10 down the line in the future? Will we (win 8.1, 8 and 7 owners) be given new activation codes? Thanks 8568