Windows 10: Unable to activate window defender antivirus

Discus and support Unable to activate window defender antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to activate microsoft defender antivirus. Firewall protection is on, everything is proctected but , virus and threat protection is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by akshay s, Aug 12, 2020.

1. akshay s Win User

Unable to activate window defender antivirus

Hi,

I am unable to activate microsoft defender antivirus. Firewall protection is on, everything is proctected but , virus and threat protection is not activated and showing turned off. Kindly help me out here

:)

akshay s, Aug 12, 2020

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Aug 12, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

Unable to activate window defender antivirus [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Aug 12, 2020
  4. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to activate window defender antivirus - Similar Threads - Unable activate window

2. Windows Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows Defender and Antivirus

Windows Defender and Antivirus: Most of the users do not want to use paid Antivirus software and use Windows Defender Antivirus. But some do have trust on Microsoft Defender and use paid anti-virus software.But what is your response? Comment below....
  4. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated

Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated: Hi, I purchased the MSO Office home and could not activate my Windows Defender Antivirus. Tried searching the net for answers and tried different ways but to no avail. Home someone form MS could help me. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: Why are you updating Windows Defender Antivirus every day for the last 22 days, from ‎4/‎20/‎2019 to 5/8/2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus/3471fa10-fc30-46a4-941a-3566abd3f628
  7. Windows defender antivirus

Windows defender antivirus: I have been writing programs on my computer system for years and after the last windows 10 update the defender destroys the program. It's driving me crazy. The program I write is written with Swiftforth and every time I compile the program after its destruction and try to...
  8. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  9. window defender antivirus

window defender antivirus: I can't view details on the history tab (items that were detected as potentially harmful) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/window-defender-antivirus/1f6e3e3c-45c1-4a89-8dab-fca0ee01e65c
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea