Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10,after hardware change, no error message

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10,after hardware change, no error message in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says. After a hardware change I am unable to activate windows, as upon selecting this device in the activation page (I now have 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NicolasXB, Nov 25, 2019.

1. NicolasXB Win User

Unable to activate Windows 10,after hardware change, no error message

Hello, as the title says. After a hardware change I am unable to activate windows, as upon selecting this device in the activation page (I now have 2 devices in my Microsoft account) it just says, 'We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. '. Can someone help me with transferring the license? (my older device has a code which can be seen on my account page that reads MS-7693), while my current pc says to be filled by O.E.M').

:)

NicolasXB, Nov 25, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 25, 2019
  4. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to activate Windows 10,after hardware change, no error message - Similar Threads - Unable activate hardware

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  6. Activate Windows message after hardware change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows message after hardware change: So back in December I finally upgraded from Win7 to Win10 using the free update Windows provides (downloaded an exe called MediaCreationTool20H2 from their website) and it upgraded my OS no problem. Yesterday I installed my new motherboard and afterwards its now asking me to...
  7. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows"

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows": I recently changed my hardware of PC motherboard, CPU, ram which caused windows 10 to deactivate. I want to reactivate windows so the process I went through was: Settings > Activation > Troubleshoot as "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error...
  8. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware change

Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Hi All, I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on my PC after changing the motherboard to another model. Error Code: 0xC004F211 was seen. I should be using a digital license tied to my Microsoft account. I tried using the the Troubleshoot option but each time I do so, I...
  9. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows"

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change error: "Unable to activate Windows": I recently changed my hardware of PC (motherboard, CPU, ram) which caused windows 10 to deactivate. I want to reactivate windows so the process I went through was: Settings > Activation > Troubleshoot (as "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error...
  10. Unable to activate windows 10 after hardware change.

Unable to activate windows 10 after hardware change.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hey! I recently made a hardware change changing motherboard, processor and RAM and since then i haven't been able to active my Windows 10. First problem was that when i did the troubleshoot it said that it cannot connect to the servers. This lasted for few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hardware change unable to activate

2. unable to activate windows 10 hardware change error

3. hardware change activate windows 10 unable

4. windows 10 oem unable to activate after hardware change,
  5. unable to activate windows 10 hardware change,
  6. changed hardware unable to activate windows,
  7. unable to activate windows 0xc004f213