Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10 after switching OS versions Digital License

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10 after switching OS versions Digital License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having some trouble activating Windows 10 Pro. I recently switched to another operating system for a bit and switched back to Windows, and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChristiWinstead, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 after switching OS versions Digital License

Hi, I'm having some trouble activating Windows 10 Pro. I recently switched to another operating system for a bit and switched back to Windows, and now I cannot reactivate my Acer laptop. I had a digital license, but I keep getting Error
    code: 0xC004F034 and the troubleshooter does not help.

:)

ChristiWinstead, Jul 25, 2020
  2. gatorback Win User

How does a Windows 10 'digital license' activate the OS?

source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

Does MS digital license 'fingerprint' hardware information during the free upgrade / activation and store it (at Microsoft) , so that the next re-install queries MS for the fingerprint and activates Windows 10?

Thought the disk drive may change, I expect that none of the other fingerprinted hardware will change.

gatorback, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Unable to activate Windows 10 after switching OS versions Digital License

Activation switched from "with product key" to "with Digital License"

This might become my longest sentence ever on these forums:

I am convinced, without tiniest factual piece of information, knowledge or source that Education really was exact copy of Enterprise until version 1511 therefore not following the same digital entitlement rules than so called consumer editions, and it still is and acts like Enterprise even in 1607, Windows 10 version 1607 presenting a new Windows edition Pro Education which from these two Education editions will be and is the "almost like Home or Pro" as @Barman58 mentioned, and the "full" Education will be and is like Enterprise regarding digital licenses..

*Wink.

Unable to activate Windows 10 after switching OS versions Digital License [​IMG]

More about new Pro Education:

Thema:

Unable to activate Windows 10 after switching OS versions Digital License

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 after switching OS versions Digital License - Similar Threads - Unable activate switching

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 with digital license: Hi! So, I have two laptops, both with Windows 10 Pro activated via a "linked to my Microsoft account" digital licence. I've built my first pc recently and so I tried to connect it to my Microsoft account, but I can't activate Windows. I understand that there is a limit to the...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 with digital license: Hi! So, I have two laptops, both with Windows 10 Pro activated via a "linked to my Microsoft account" digital licence. I've built my first pc recently and so I tried to connect it to my Microsoft account, but I can't activate Windows. I understand that there is a limit to the...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Digital License Not Recognized

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Digital License Not Recognized: Hi AllI did a clean install of Windows 10 on my lenovo i3 yesterday using the MCT but it's not picking up my digital license and I am unable to activate.Where did I go wrong?Please assist....
  6. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Digital License Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate Windows 10 Digital License Not Recognized: Hi AllI did a clean install of Windows 10 on my lenovo i3 yesterday using the MCT but it's not picking up my digital license and I am unable to activate.Where did I go wrong?Please assist....
  7. Unable to Activate Windows digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate Windows digital license: Just changed my motherboard and CPU. Cannot activate digital license. Is this intended? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-digital-license/ad88bbd7-0096-4c48-8dd5-f7e57e1240c0
  8. Unable to Activate Windows digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Activate Windows digital license: Just changed my motherboard and CPU. Cannot activate digital license. Is this intended? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-digital-license/ad88bbd7-0096-4c48-8dd5-f7e57e1240c0
  9. Unable to Activate Windows digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license

Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license: Hello,I bought a new computer and want to activate Windows 10 Home. I have a digital license associated with my account upgraded from windows 8, windows was not pre installed on my computer at the time. However, after troubleshooting and informing hardware change, I get the...