Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10 after upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10 after upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, The problem is that I cannot activate Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system after a major hardware upgrade (including motherboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ΤάκηςΚόκκινος, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 after upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture

Hi all,

The problem is that I cannot activate Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system after a major hardware upgrade (including motherboard and processor)

Old PC specs:
    32-bit processor (AMD Athlon II) desktop
    Windows 7 preinstalled, subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 Home.

New PC specs:
    64-bit processor (AMD Ryzen 2400G) and associated motherboard and RAM.

Sequence of actions:
    1. Installed new hardware.
    2. Booted using existing system disk (the C drive of the original 32-bit Windows 10) successfully. I did not check at that time whether Windows was activated, however.
    3. Created Windows 10 installation media for 64-bit architecture on a USB drive.
    4. Booted using the USB drive:
      1. Selected "I don't have a product key" in line with the instructions on screen ("If you are reinstalling Windows, select I don't have a product key. Your copy of Windows will be automatically activated later.")
      2. Selected Windows 10 Home
      3. Accepted the license terms
      4. Selected Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)
      5. Removed the existing partitions on Drive 0
      6. Selected the Drive 0 unallocated space and pressed "Next"
      7. The Windows installation process was uneventful.
      8. System information now shows that Windows is not activated.
    5. Trying to activate Windows reports that a product key was not found (0xC004F213)
    6. I used the Activation troubleshooter. The troubleshooter reports that it is not able to activate windows. I selected that I recently made hardware changes and it identified a single PC, which I selected and pressed the activation button.

After logging in my Microsoft account, I search in "Devices" and there appear to be two: The old PC configuration (Athlon II) and the new PC configuration (Ryzen 2400G). However, the troubleshooter shows only one, and (judging by its name) it is the old PC. If I select it and press "Activate", the troubleshooter responds that it cannot reactivate Windows on this device and to try again later. (I did this several times across a time span of 12 hours or so).

Ideally, what should be done would be to "merge" the two devices as they appear in my account and transfer the license from the old device to the new one.

Can someone help?

:)

ΤάκηςΚόκκινος, Dec 16, 2018
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Dec 16, 2018
  3. 64 bit or 32 bit

I want to switch from my currently installed architecture when migrating to Windows 10. Do I have that option with the free upgrade offer?

How do I upgrade from 32 bit versions of Windows to 64 bit Windows 10?

How
    to: Switch from 32 bit versions of Windows to Windows 10 64 bit

Andre Da Costa, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 after upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture

Windows 10 (32 bit to 64 bit)

My laptop came pre-installed with Window 7 (32 bit) . I later upgraded it to windows 10 (32 bit) through online upgrade. So now I have windows 10 (32 bit) in my system. I want to upgrade it to 64 bit architecture. I also enquired about this from Microsoft
    customer care. I was told that I will have to first go back to windows 7 and reinstall it in 64 bit architecture . Then I will be able to upgrade to windows 10 (64 bit). I have with me the recovery discs which I was instructed to make when I bought my laptop,
    but I am not sure whether I will get the option of installing windows 7 in 64 bit version.Kindly suggest what is the right procedure?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HarpreetSingh_981, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows 10 after upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 after upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture - Similar Threads - Unable activate upgrade

2. upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit windows 10: only recently realised that why my pc hasn't run properly since the win 10 updatehow do I get back a 64 bit windows?guides I see are outdated or has certain features removed now...
  3. Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit windows 10

Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit windows 10: I just installed windows on my pc and downloaded windows 10 32 bit but it wont let me play my games unless i have 64 bit. so how would i get 64 bit windows 10?...
  4. upgrading windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

upgrading windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: my computer is 64 bit capable but i cant run 64 bit setup in my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/4614c5fe-d53c-4fae-a3d3-3d53ab56b11c
  5. Upgrading From 32-bit to 64-bit windows

Upgrading From 32-bit to 64-bit windows: Is it a must to enter the product key when upgrading to 64-bit version of Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-32-bit-to-64-bit-windows/3aef6608-b5e1-4869-97fa-c47b2ac6f557
  6. upgrade windows 10 from 32 bits to 64 bits

upgrade windows 10 from 32 bits to 64 bits: Hello I am using windows 10 with 32 bits i need to upgrade to 64 bits and the information of my computer is processor: IntelR CoreTM 2 Quad CPU Q 6600 @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory RAM: 4.00 GB System type: 64-bit...
  7. upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit

upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit: First of I want to say, my pc is compatible; g3220 32bit on x64 based processor 4gb ram intel hd graphics 500gb HDD I want to upgrade for the reason of app compatibility, and I had 32-bit because I had 2gb ram. Right now I have Windows 10 32-bit. The problem is I...
  8. upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit: So I wasn't paying attention to much about my computers processor, I assumed it was old and could only run 32 bit programs and os. I was wrong its it suppose to be running 64 bit. My question is that I already installed 32 bit windows 10 and I want to find the easiest way and...
  9. Upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to a 64-bit

Upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to a 64-bit: I'm having problems upgrading my windows to a 64-bit after already installing a 32-bit. I had previously had Windows 10 as a 64-bit. But when I got new ssds and try to download a 64-bit the windows loading screen with the blue window symbol and no spinning icon appears and...
  10. Upgrading Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit

Upgrading Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit: I'm currently running a Windows 10 Ultimate 32-bit and I want to upgrade it. Will I lose my files or will it be there even after the upgrade. I have a lot of important files that I can't really figure it out which one is important until I actually use it, so it'll take me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows will not activate after 32 bit to 64 bit upgrade