Windows 10: Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1

Discus and support Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have upgraded my pc to windows 10 from 8.1 thinking that evrything is all good, then i find that i get a messege saying “activate windows in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jacob Hardcastle, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1

I have upgraded my pc to windows 10 from 8.1 thinking that evrything is all good, then i find that i get a messege saying “activate windows in settings”

first time i was fine with it, i rented the 8.1 product key (as this is the only one i have) and it said that the activation servers are not avalable at this moment,

i try again a few hours later, same problem, and again and again, the same problem (error code 0x80072EE7)

i find it really annoying when i know that windows 8.1 was fully licensed and that windows 10 dosen’t like it.

worst mistake ever to upgrade, now i have to complete with this stupid overlay saying “activate windows, go to setting to activate widows”

complately stupid

and a wast of time

If there however a way to fix this? Or do i need to buy windows 10?

:)

Jacob Hardcastle, Feb 22, 2019

2. Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Unable to Activate Win 8

im doing a little work around real quick that i just found.

And that fixed it.

What I did:

1.In Windows 8, open the Registry Editor
    2.Search for MediaBootInstall and set the value to 0.
    3.Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator) and enter:
    slmgr /rearm
    4.If you get an access denied error message, you’re not running the command prompt with administrator privileges
    5.Restart the computer
    6.Open a command prompt and enter:
    slui 3
    7.Enter your Windows 8 upgrade license key and activate it
    8.Done!

MxPhenom 216, Feb 22, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1

1. Unable to activate windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1 - Similar Threads - Unable activate upgrading

2. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...
  3. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows after upgrade: I am unable to view the activate by on phone on 5 laptops that I have here. Whether it is from settings or by running Slui 4. That commands only gives me a window to enter a new product key.I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 and need that Window to work to use the code to...
  4. Unable to activate Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  7. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  8. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  9. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  10. Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8

Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8: I have been subscribed to the insider preview and had all the builds of Win 10 as they have been released when Win 10 went RTM I unsubscribed and installed Win 8 Pro and registered using my legit Win 8 Pro key afterwards I upgraded to Win 10 RTM from Microsoft updates and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot activate please try later windows 8.1 pro