Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Motherboard on my PC. Following this upgrade I have been unable to activate Windows 10 Pro again on my device. I reached out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChandlerMorgan, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

I recently upgraded my Motherboard on my PC.

Following this upgrade I have been unable to activate Windows 10 Pro again on my device.

I reached out to support and they were not able to get the key to work, telling me that it may be tied to my old motherboard.

I was told I had to rebuy a copy of Windows but I already payed for a copy once.

Is there any possible solution other than buying a new copy?

:)

ChandlerMorgan, Aug 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Aug 13, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 following Motherboard Upgrade - Similar Threads - Unable activate following

2. Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade: Hello,I had two PC's - AAA and BBB with AAA named Matt and BBB named DESKTOP-JHBE6M6. At the weekend I built a new PC we'll call this CCC .I got rid of PC AAAI put the hard drive from PC BBB into PC AAA, so now that PC is named DESKTOP-JHBE6M6 and Windows is activated saying...
  3. Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade: Hello,I had two PC's - AAA and BBB with AAA named Matt and BBB named DESKTOP-JHBE6M6. At the weekend I built a new PC we'll call this CCC .I got rid of PC AAAI put the hard drive from PC BBB into PC AAA, so now that PC is named DESKTOP-JHBE6M6 and Windows is activated saying...
  4. Unable to activate windows following PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade

Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade: I needed the extra functionality of Win10 Pro, so I went into Settings -> Updates & Security -> Activation and followed the upgrade steps. The Microsoft Store successfully charged my credit card for the update as expected. It installed, and I now have the extra features......
  6. Windows 10 Not activating after Motherboard Upgrade

Windows 10 Not activating after Motherboard Upgrade: Hi there, I've seen a couple of posts but i havn't had any luck with the solutions, I upgraded my motherboard and CPU yesterday and since booting my PC windows has had this annoying watermark in the bottom right of my screen. I built this PC in 2017 and i'm not sure i...
  7. Upgraded motherboard - Activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded motherboard - Activate Windows 10: Hey! I recently upgraded my motherboard because it fried. Now I am trying to activate Windows 10 and it gives a fault code: 0xC004F211. I can't activate Windows from the computer settings, it wont let me. I got the free upgrade from Windows 7. I found my digital license...
  8. Upgraded Motherboard Windows 10 not activated

Upgraded Motherboard Windows 10 not activated: I recently upgraded my motherboard and now my windows 10 is no longer active. It says I have the product ID and product key when i go into my activation settings but even when i troubleshoot it it says there's an issue activating my windows. The error I receive is 0xC004F025....
  9. Motherboard Upgrade Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard Upgrade Windows Activation: Im upgrading the motherboard for my computer very soon, and I am worried I may loose my windows activation. I have windows activated but no longer have the key. Is there anyway I can safe gaurd against loosing the activation?...
  10. Activating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade

Activating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade: Having some trouble activating windows 10 after installing a new motherboard. Since I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 awhile back, I have a digital license instead of a product key. I know normally having an OEM version wouldn't allow me to have windows 10 between...