Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10 on HP Stream 14 laptop in Windows 10 S mode

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10 on HP Stream 14 laptop in Windows 10 S mode in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to activate windows on my new HP Stream Laptop. I was unable to find a code on the packaging and the device has not automatically installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Anthony-gonza19, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 on HP Stream 14 laptop in Windows 10 S mode

I am trying to activate windows on my new HP Stream Laptop. I was unable to find a code on the packaging and the device has not automatically installed windows. I believe the laptop was purchased from Walmart but I am not completely sure as I received the device as a Christmas present. I've been really frustrated as I can not customize my computer nor can I take it out of S Mode to run applications like discord or any adobe applications.

:)

Anthony-gonza19, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 on HP Stream 14 laptop in Windows 10 S mode

windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows 10 on HP Stream 14 laptop in Windows 10 S mode

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 on HP Stream 14 laptop in Windows 10 S mode - Similar Threads - Unable activate Stream

2. Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14: I have a bootable usb of window 10. I am trying to install window in HP stream 14 which has something called eMMc 32GB drive. I am successful in booting usb, all things go smooth till window's installation process reaches partioningIn partitioning, I am seeing "Drive 1...
  3. Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14: I have a bootable usb of window 10. I am trying to install window in HP stream 14 which has something called eMMc 32GB drive. I am successful in booting usb, all things go smooth till window's installation process reaches partioningIn partitioning, I am seeing "Drive 1...
  4. Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need Windows 10 S ISO to reimage my HP Stream 14-cb163wm laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Windows 10 S ISO to reimage my HP Stream 14-cb163wm laptop.: Hello,I have a HP Stream 14-cb163wm laptop that is giving me messages of having no OS. I've tried running the HP recommended HP cloud recovery tool but that just gives me another error of "Error, Get failure from Dynamic Recovery Tool". I'm also getting a STOP CODE: DRIVER...
  6. Need Windows 10 S ISO to reimage my HP Stream 14-cb163wm laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Windows 10 S ISO to reimage my HP Stream 14-cb163wm laptop.: Hello,I have a HP Stream 14-cb163wm laptop that is giving me messages of having no OS. I've tried running the HP recommended HP cloud recovery tool but that just gives me another error of "Error, Get failure from Dynamic Recovery Tool". I'm also getting a STOP CODE: DRIVER...
  7. Need Windows 10 S ISO to reimage my HP Stream 14-cb163wm laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Hp 14 Stream, Laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp 14 Stream, Laptop!: What can I do in replace of the Windows C: disk space? I bought this laptop and it has 57.5 gb of disk space but a game that im trying to download is 97 gb, What am I supposed to do or buy so I can download the game id like to play ? I don't download anything else so I don't...
  9. Windows 10 S on HP stream 14

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 S on HP stream 14: I bought this HP stream 14” with 32gb of non removable storage. I’m trying to install windows 10 S in order to increase storage. My son will be using this laptop for YouTube, some Microsoft store games, light internet browsing and school work. The reason I want to install...
  10. hp stream laptop 14 ax0xx

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp stream laptop 14 ax0xx: Buongiorno, ho compr questo portatile hp stream laptop 14 ax0xx ma non avevo presente che il disco rigido era solo di 30gb. E' possibile fare qualcosa perché appena installo qualsiasi cosa si riempie subito il disco. Grazie in anticipo saluto cordialmemte Marcello De...