Windows 10: Unable to activate windows 10 pro after change most hardware

Discus and support Unable to activate windows 10 pro after change most hardware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey everyone I upgraded my windows 10 home to pro about a year ago and everything has been fine but recently upgraded my MB, processor, ram and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ForbiddenMonkey, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Unable to activate windows 10 pro after change most hardware

Hey everyone

I upgraded my windows 10 home to pro about a year ago and everything has been fine but recently upgraded my MB, processor, ram and now im unable to activate windows with the error code: 0x803fa067.

Ive tried using my home key and tried using the pro key (the generic: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T) but it still doesnt activate

When use troubleshooting it says its complete but "we werent able to activate Windows on this device" then if i click I recently changed hardware on this device" and then activate it says unable to

Ive tried removing all my PCs on microsoft.com in the "Devices" tab but that didnt seem to work and now says "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used to reactivate the device that you’re using at the moment. Make sure that you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account that you linked to the Windows 10 digital licence on this device"

Ive tried searching around but the best i could find was someone whos windows 10 home was activated but not their windows 10 pro wasnt, i didnt follow their steps but i didnt work for me.

Im assuming an easy/only fix would be to reinstall windows fresh and use my home edition and key, but will my home key still work if i did a fresh install (since it doesn't seem to work currently)?
    Also is it possible to not reformat all drives if i do a fresh install, I have photos,videos, documents on a HHD and wondered if i could keep them on there? I heard links to the drives will be broken so cant keep games ect. but wondered if photos,videos,documents would be ok?

Thank you for any help in advance Unable to activate windows 10 pro after change most hardware :)

Unable to activate windows 10 pro after change most hardware b5e86f4c-5839-41dd-bbdd-003dd1571500?upload=true.png

:)

ForbiddenMonkey, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jan 5, 2019
  3. JT1969C10 Win User
    Activating WIndows 10 after hardware change.

Before replacing my hardware on my main computer, I logged into my Microsoft Windows account. Once logged in, I saw that the name of the PC that I was upgrading was in my list of PCs that were activated for Windows 10 Pro. So after reviewing how to reactivate
    after a HW changed, I went ahead and upgraded the motherboard, CPU and memory in that PC.

Now, when it is time to reactivate, the PC in question is still listed in the hardware list on my MS account but it will not allow me to activate Windows. I followed the instructions online and ran the troubleshooting tool. It then gave me the following
    response:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the
    Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

So why would it not find the license that was for this PC when it had the old hardware installed? My assumption, albeit may wrong, was that the PC was activated because it was in the list. It was also activated as a Windows 10 Pro edition.

Anyone have any suggestions on this type of issue?

JT1969C10, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Des- Win User

Unable to activate windows 10 pro after change most hardware

Unable to activate windows 10 pro after hardware changed

I am unable to uninstall the key from my old motherboard as it was already sold together with the CPU.

Also during the Activation troubleshooter, I signed in to the microsoft account that ties my windows 10, my new device is not shown in the list when i select " I have recently changed my hardware " option

Des-, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to activate windows 10 pro after change most hardware

1. Unable to activate windows 10 pro after change most hardware - Similar Threads - Unable activate pro

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware change

Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Hi All, I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on my PC after changing the motherboard to another model. Error Code: 0xC004F211 was seen. I should be using a digital license tied to my Microsoft account. I tried using the the Troubleshoot option but each time I do so, I...
  8. Unable to activate windows 10 after hardware change.

Unable to activate windows 10 after hardware change.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hey! I recently made a hardware change changing motherboard, processor and RAM and since then i haven't been able to active my Windows 10. First problem was that when i did the troubleshoot it said that it cannot connect to the servers. This lasted for few...
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change.: I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU, and it broke my windows genuine. I've ran the troubleshooter and clicked on the "I've changed hardware" button, and it just times out on a error. Unable to activate windows We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't...
  10. Unable to activate windows 10 pro after major hardware change!

Unable to activate windows 10 pro after major hardware change!: Hello, Just upgraded my entire PC from I7 1st generation to Ryzen 2700X Before the upgrade, I linked my windows 10 to my email account. After the upgrade, I logged in the my email account and the windows info state that my product is not activated so I troubleshoot the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to activate windows 10 after hardware

2. I changed hardware on this device recently unable to activate

3. unable to activate windows 10 after hardware change

4. unable to activate windows 10 pro,
  5. windows 10 unable to activate hardware change,
  6. windows unable to activate after ssd change,
  7. unable to activate windows 10 hardware change,
  8. unable to activate window pro,
  9. unable to activate windows hardware change