Windows 10: Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro after using "Reset this PC"

Discus and support Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro after using "Reset this PC" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Purchased a laptop in 2017 from Dell with Windows 10 Home. Upgraded to Pro in 2018 via the Microsoft Store and was happily running Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BernieBro420, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro after using "Reset this PC"

Purchased a laptop in 2017 from Dell with Windows 10 Home. Upgraded to Pro in 2018 via the Microsoft Store and was happily running Windows 10 Pro until yesterday when I opted to use the "Reset this PC" option in settings to start from a clean slate. When I go to activate I get an error 0xC004F025. Running the troubleshooter it tells me that "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro". If I choose the option that "I changed hardware on this device recently" I can see my old system ID in the list. I click "this is the device I'm using" for that device ID and click Activate and get a message that I cannot reactivate Windows on this device.

Looking at my Microsoft account I can see the order in March of 2018 for Windows 10 Pro but there is not a product key associated with that I can access.

I called Microsoft support last night and the tech did not understand the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

BernieBro420, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro after using "Reset this PC"

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro after using "Reset this PC"

1. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro after using "Reset this PC" - Similar Threads - Unable activate Pro

2. Windows 10 activation after reset PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation after reset PC: So I have a motile laptop, and windows 10 comes pre-installed on it. after I reset the laptop it said; “we can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select troubleshoot...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 after reinstalling/resetting

Unable to activate Windows 10 after reinstalling/resetting: Hoping for some help when it comes to activating Windows 10 on my laptop. A bit of background: *When this laptop was purchased new it was running Windows 7, however I took advantage of the free upgrades when each new O/S was released. *Last night Windows installed an update...
  4. Laptop will not activate after windows 10 pro reset

Laptop will not activate after windows 10 pro reset: Hi, I have a three thousand dollar laptop that I bought for my personal use. I had trouble installing an M.2 ssd and so I reset windows 10 pro keeping my files. I also upgraded the bios to the latest version. Now windows 10 pro will not activate no matter what I do....
  5. Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting

Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting: Built a new system in April. Used my original installation media/product key and everything has been fine. The newest update cause some issues with my system, so I reset my Windows. I chose the option to delete all files and start from scratch. After the reset, issues seemed...
  6. Unable to Activate Windows 10 after Factory Reset

Unable to Activate Windows 10 after Factory Reset: Hello. I have recently factory reset my laptop due to some problems. However, after I reset the computer, it is asking me to Activate Windows, Windows was activated before I reset it. I tried to run the Troubleshooter but it says 'We weren't able to activate Windows on this...
  7. activation of Windows 10 pro after factory reset

activation of Windows 10 pro after factory reset: I reset my computer and I am getting a Windows 10 Pro activation code. the laptop had windows 7 and was upgraded, How do I get my windows 10 pro activated?...
  8. Windows 10 pro was activated and now it's not after a reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro was activated and now it's not after a reset.: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10 pro. When I initially installed windows 10 pro mid installation I had a power outage I couldnt connect to the internet and I suspect had a corrupt driver/clear failed installation. So I did a reset. This bought me back to square one and all...
  9. Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC

Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC: A couple years ago I built my computer and bought a windows 10 key. But my SSD stopped working so I had to reset my whole computer. I no longer have the activation code and I am tired of the "Activate Windows" in the bottom right of my screen. Do I need to buy another key?...
  10. Windows 10 pro activation after reset

Windows 10 pro activation after reset: Hello, I bought Lenovo yoga 460 on eBay. it was used before and his owner before selling it reseted windows. Now I'm trying to activate it but having some problems. First off all, when I'm going to activation page, it is blank. After some time it starts to show activation...