Windows 10: unable to activate windows 10 pro and reload office 2016

Discus and support unable to activate windows 10 pro and reload office 2016 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After 2 years of working fine, on Monday of this week I got a message to Activate Windows. This was a Digital license of Windows 10 that was upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SharonJohnston1, May 14, 2020.

1. unable to activate windows 10 pro and reload office 2016

After 2 years of working fine, on Monday of this week I got a message to Activate Windows. This was a Digital license of Windows 10 that was upgraded for free from Windows 7. Activation was not successful!

:)

SharonJohnston1, May 14, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

windows is not activated (windows 10 pro)

Hi,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Did you upgrade the edition of your Windows from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? If so, how did you upgrade the edition of your Windows 10?
    • Are you attempting to activate your Windows 10 Pro or your Office 2016?
    • If you're attempting to activate your Office apps, how did you purchase Office 2016?

If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the issue for us to further investigate your concern.

Argel Obm, May 14, 2020
  3. mudthang Win User
    How to activate existing Win 10 Pro and MS Office on a new PC

Thank you for your response and feedback.

After many frustrating attempts eventually what half-worked was:

Login to the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center,

1. Download and install the Win 10 Pro ISO image and activation key.

This worked and Win 10 Pro was activated

2. Download and install the MS Office 2016 ISO image and activation key

This installed MS Office but the activation key was not recognised.

I am still unable to register my paid-for MS Office 2016

Any other suggestions?

Keep well

Cape Town, ZA

mudthang, May 14, 2020
  4. unable to activate windows 10 pro and reload office 2016

Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 Updates

I need a better understanding of how Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 updates interact. I have a new Windows 10 Pro machine (version 1703, O/S Build 15063.413).
    It has Office 2016 on it. I also have a Window 7 machine, with Office 2007 on it.
    I am familiar with how Windows Update automatically updates the Windows 7 O/S in addition to updating Office 2007 at the same time. However, I am not completely familiar with how Windows Update updates Office 2016 on a Windows 10 Pro machine.
    I have a few questions in conjunction with some of the settings that are in effect.

1. At Settings > Update & Security (aka Windows Update) > Advanced Options (under Update settings), I have the box checked for “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows”.
    Is a check in this box supposed to give me the security updates to Office 2016??
    I ask because:

a. When I check the installed updates at Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates, I do not see any Office 2016 updates listed there.
    I only see the current updates for Windows 10, Version 1703 O/S (all with the date of June 13, 2017).

b. At Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates, I do not see any of the Office 2016 updates that are listed at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023935/june-13-2017-update-for-microsoft-office
    , where 18 updates are displayed, 8 of them with a June 13, 2017 date and 10 of them listed with a June 6, 2017 date.
    Should I be seeing most of
    these Office 2106 updates listed in my Installed Updates, since I have the box in 1) above checked?
    [I use Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, & Excel; I do not use Skype or Visio].

2. I can open Word 2016 or Excel 2016, create a file, click on the File tab, click on Account on the left, click on About Word, and see the current version.
    Before step 3 below, I saw that I had 16.0.8067.2115 (*released May 18, 2017).

3. I can also click on Update Options > Update Now. After I clicked on Update Now, I checked About Word again, and saw that the version changed to 16.0.8201.2102 (*released June 13, 2017).

a. Does this June 13 version incorporate the most recent Office 2016 security updates (i.e., the ones listed at the link in 1b)?
    Or is it just a new build that has added features but not any security updates?

b. If it does not include the most recent Office 2016 security updates (or as a matter of fact, any security updates dating back to when I first installed Office 2016), how do I manage to get the Office
    2016 on my machine updated with all of the necessary Office 2016 security updates (since I do not see any Office 2016 security updates at Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates)?

4. I am fairly certain that I am a non-subscriber of Office 365.
    How can I tell for sure?

*The release dates come from
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Version-and-build-numbers-of-update-channel-releases-ae942449-1fca-4484-898b-a933ea23def7#bkmk_bydate

KarenMullen, May 14, 2020
Thema:

unable to activate windows 10 pro and reload office 2016

1. unable to activate windows 10 pro and reload office 2016 - Similar Threads - unable activate pro

2. need to reload office 2016 Ultimate 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to reload office 2016 Ultimate 64 bit: My computer crashed and was able to receive excellent help from Mia Green but am getting the run around from Ivy Davis. Mia was able to find my old and unused account under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** she changed it to *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  3. need to reload office 2016 Ultimate 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to reload office 2016 Ultimate 64 bit: My computer crashed and was able to receive excellent help from Mia Green but am getting the run around from Ivy Davis. Mia was able to find my old and unused account under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** she changed it to *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  4. need to reload office 2016 Ultimate 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Office 2016 Professional Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016 Professional Pro: Where can I find the product key for my Office Professional Pro 2016, I have the original disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016-professional-pro/9434077b-c575-4b57-9ac2-34e02f677317
  6. Unable to reinstall Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to reinstall Office 2016: Hi Windows 10 Home version 109 I wonder if anyone is able to help I bought Office 2016 last year - I really only use Excel and Word... All worked okay for a few weeks/months and then the software started crashing... after being open for a few minutes... I uninstalled the...
  7. Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 both lost activation...

Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 both lost activation...: Recently, my Toshiba laptop lost activation on both Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016. I have had this laptop for about 1 year. Purchased it used with a dual boot to Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows 7 still shows activated. Never had a problem with Windows 10 or Office until...
  8. activate office plus 2016

activate office plus 2016: My office 2016 pst file crashed. I reinstalled it but I can't figure out how to activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-office-plus-2016/1c9293b8-a641-4b0e-b5e6-e13ebf44ebde"
  9. reinstalling office Pro. 2016

reinstalling office Pro. 2016: I have had problems with my computer and have lost count the number of times I have had to install office again. trying again to install the program it tells me It cannot be activated because the specified product has been activated the maximum number of times for my software...
  10. Unable to Activate Office 365 Pro Plus on Windows 10

Unable to Activate Office 365 Pro Plus on Windows 10: I am eligible to use Office 365 Pro Plus through my University and was able to use it with no issues on Windows 7, but upon attempting to install the programs on Windows 10 I am unable to activate the programs through the Microsoft Activation Wizard. I consistently receive...